Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

cant decide

i'm looking at getting a new car, the corrado will not be leaving me :) but cant decide between the following cars.

1, vw golf 2.8v6. its solid, refined not bad specced, goes ok. found one on a 52 plate 66k silver, going for £5500.

2, seat leon cupra r, not as solid, very well specced, goes like stink when on boost, found an 03 plate 72k going for £5250.

what are your opinions???

karl

Mk 4 Golf's are a little dull IMO, but SEAT's fall apart, poor build quality - I know I'll get some abuse for that but its true, I've got three mates with them, all paid £10k+ for nearly new ones, and they wouldnt argue with the above comment. I nearly bought one before I got the C, so I tested a fair few, read lots of reviews, I was very tempted as they fly, but head one. (Obvioulsy heart one when it came to the C!! :lol: ) Never been in a Mk 4 VR so cant comment, but would imagine a turbo and R32 goodies would cure any dullness!

id go for the seat if your looking for a quick motor thats looks good standard, although with a bit of money spent on the exterior i think mk4s can look lovely, tough one! :?

Hmmm.

Think the Cupra R is pretty good. but would you miss the VR noise? Mk4's are pretty lardy though.

cheers guys, i'm thinking cupra. BUT i'm looking into getting the brackets from VF so i can put my charger onto the mk4 :) should be good for over 300bhp 280lb according to vwvortex. i may even get another charger from the states so that both will be charged :)

no problems with the build quality on mine - although it's older than mine and is also the 210bhp version so may have the odd rattle or 2 here and there!

I wouldn't even consider the Golf though tbh - these cars have so much potential plus, how often do you see a Cupra compared to a sporty(ish) mk4?

Another vote for the Leon here although i do like the Golf, the Cupra is just the much better looking car with the same VW feel about it.. I had no probs with my old Leon and would definitely have another, particularly a Cupra R...