Sign in to follow this  
H9 DUB

What ARB's would you recommend

On the look out for a good set of anti roll bars and wondered what you guys are running and how you feel about them? Had thought about Eibach ones but i know Weitech and Neuspeed do them also. Looking to just stiffen things up nicely but dont wont to go too wild.

Any recommendations?

I've had a 25mm Neuspeed rear ARB on mine for about a year now, it's a great bit of kit, the car seems to feel more balanced going into corners at speed and I can't remember getting any understeer at all since putting it on.

I haven't got one, but I think the general consensus among keen vr drivers on here is a neuspeed on the back kills a nice amount of understear. 25mm does the job I think - 28mm for the brave among us :)

A lot of folk also fit a front, but many say just the rear on a vr is the best/does the job nicely.

Yeah I didn't bother with a front as like double-6s says, the general consensus is that the balance is better with only a rear, sticking a front one on as well apparently makes the car understeer. With just the rear the balance feels perfect to me.

Ok nice one guys. Where did you get the Nuespeed one from and roughly how much should i expect to pay for one?

Yeah the rear bar does all the work, a bigger front just adds understeer and also increases spring rate, so makes the ride choppy.

I'd also add a rear strut brace as that helps a lot too.

When funds allow im going to get a Neuspeed rear ARB definately, and if funds allow further then a strut brace as well.

Single rear bars are around £120 ish from G-werks :D

Ooh goody, funds may allow quicker then i thought then :D

I read a while ago Joe M contested the opinion of fitting only an uprated rear ARB. He uses his VR on track and seems to highly rate fitting both front and rear. Since we all have different driving styles it may make more sense to try both then remove the uprated front if you don't like it. After all, the experienced people on here who've found that combination works better for them did the same - tried it all first.

Next month I'm fitting 22mm front and 25mm adjustable rear Neuspeed ARBS and going from there.

Since we all have different driving styles it may make more sense to try both then remove the uprated front if you don't like it. After all, the experienced people on here who've found that combination works better for them did the same - tried it all first.

Did precisely that with Neuspeed F & R and also the Eibach F & R. The results were always the same. Too much power understeer with the front bar.

A rear bar on it's own is perfect and don't forget VR6s already have a 20mm front bar as standard, which is a naturally understeery car, so uprating it more is not something I recommend to ARB newbies, but it's up to them.

Next month I'm fitting 22mm front and 25mm adjustable rear Neuspeed ARBS and going from there.

That's the same as the VR spec Eibach kit and you'll note the front bar is sensibly sized in comparison to stock.

They work well on stock wheels and tyres. Get 17s on there with shallow sidewalls and say hello to understeer on wet roundabouts......unless you've got a quaife.....and even then you need to stamp on the gas to pull the nose back in line.... all fun and games....

Interesting opinions from you all, i knew someone would mention driving style and i totally agree as everones is a bit different. Just wanted this sort of info from people who had tried it all before just so i know the right starting point. Can fiddle with it all once i get the arb and my coillies on.

Cheers once again Ewan

i'm just about to buy an upgraded rear one, and just renew the standard front one, as 150,000 of twisting must of lead to some fatigue

are weitec ones ok? i'm ordering loads of bit from europerformance and thats the only one they sell on its own

did you have any probs with this as mentioned on the site?

"When fitting rear Anti Roll Bars together with non OE exhaust systems fitting problems might arise. A contact between Anti Roll Bar and exhaust is possible. This has to be checked prior to fitment and solved prior to first driving."

the arb doesnt come into contact no - not sure how that is fitted - but i dont know how that would occur tbh