Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

How fast have you had out of your standard VR?

wonder what the tops would be for a supercharged vr would be?

ns racing reckons their cars come off the clock :shock:

I've had mine off the clock with both the VGI/268s and the supercharger. With the VGi/Cams I was following an E46 330ci and they're limited to 155mph, so at a guess that was what I was doing as he wasn't pulling away from me.

Max mph with my current gearing @ 7000rpm is 157.3mph and it certainly feels like it :lol: With the standard diff it will pull 170 theoretically. With a TDI 5th....180-185 is possible if the engine has enough legs to overcome the massive air resistance.

I love it when you leave the toll plaza bit.. barrier opens, dump the clutch and see who else you can beat out of the gates ;)

Hehe...

yup - thats the best bit!!! i always do the racing away from the barrier and redlining in every gear thing :oops: had a MK3 VR try it on from the toll barrier - hed been tailing me at 125 all the way there - the last time i came through it, it was close but i just got in front... best bit was my window was still down from when i had paid the toll and all i could hear was the vr noise over the roar of my engine....

we both were well over 130 when he had to pull in behind me and get out of the way of slower traffic...

fun at the time but if the cops had been near they would just have taken my keys off me then and there.... :wink: :lol: