Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

How fast have you had out of your standard VR?

Get 150 mph out of myne ,hit the n.o.s switch and it will go to 160mph but thats as fast as it indicated cos the needle was hitting the reset button and the car was still pulling i rekon something on the lines of 160 to 170 with the gas :shock:

All this was on a runway :lol:

Get 150 mph out of myne ,hit the n.o.s switch and it will go to 160mph but thats as fast as it indicated cos the needle was hitting the reset button and the car was still pulling i rekon something on the lines of 160 to 170 with the gas :shock:

All this was on a runway :lol:

Blinkin eck! Does it feel stable at that speed?

My old 16V Turbo (MK2) used to frustratingly run out of gearing at 139.9 mph (GPS timed) as that's the max from the 16V 020 box! Should have stuck a Maestro turbo 5th in it.....oh well.

Kev

I would not like to do it all the time,The C is a well built car ,but not that well built !

On public roads its suicide, ive done it once and i wont do it again cos it scares the sh*t out of me.

But i know it does it ...so i wont go there again :lol:

If VR6's are this slow, why do they sell for so much???

Hehe...where is my wooden spoon :D

Intresting.

Where are all these "Private" roads? none round here, or anywhere else i've been :-(

My clock has shown 160 even before fitting the charger or nitrous and i know a few other people that have the same experience, but have shown 165 approx. with the charger on and 170 in a mates vr with charger in 6th.

Yes you can hit the limiter in top gear but i recon you'll bottle it first!

Chris

Got to xxxkph in a left hooker without any probs.. still accelerating strong....

My balls and my private road were running out..

EDIT: digits 022 replaced by xxx in no particular order

I have borrowed a mates vr6 mk3 golf and (on a private rd) got 143 and it was still pulling so who knows, still know where near my mates skline who I was trying to keep up with, oh well suppose thats the extra 200bhp nitrous he has got.

insane, stupid, dangerous

im confused :? If you think this (unless u are joking :D !!) then why did you buy a sports car? do you drive to the speed limit every where you go? u cant honestly tell me you have never been curious as to how fast your VR can go? :)

141mph on private road. K & N ment you couldn't hear a thing but my Corrado felt great. Same confident feeling at 60, 70, 80 ,90 or whatever on private roads.

speedo's are not very accurate though. You can expect up to a 10% error. This is why the Traffic cops will allow 33mph in a 30, 66 in a 60 etc. Hence Phat VR6 was doing 146 but busted doing 132. Gatso cameras are never set to go off at speeds below 82mph on M'way ('cos they run out of film). I got all this from a Grampian Traffic cop. (Who busted me for 93.22mph in a 60, 5pts and £200)

I don't quite see the point of everyone saying "on a private road".

Because some of us, me, have been timed at Bruntingthorpe with GPS gear 8)

Kev

155mph on my nans private race track (just for VR6) :lol: :lol:

Hit 145mph easily enough but took a while to get to 155mph... then I run out of balls even though it was 4am in the morning .........

VR6, Cause if the police ever read a thread like this, then posting your speeds on a public forum could be used in court etc....

i know its extreme, but its just one of those things i guess, like blanking number plates in pics. etc...

My VR storm romps to 140mph :D :D - never had the balls to go faster :oops: . Its always strange because I nail it right up to the red line in fourth, drop into fifth and it must fall just below the powerband cos it lags for a second at 120 mph before pulling like a bitch from 125- 140mph. Its a great feeling but I only ever attempt it if there are at least two lanes on the road.

Cheers

VRev6-

I wasn't joking.

Its fair enought exploring the performance of your car to a certain extent but some of the speeds mentioned are insane stupid and dangerous.

You can use the great performance these cars provide without doing 145 ish miles an hour!

Just my opinion as always and many will not agree.

vr6paul, Nice point. These cars are designed to go round corners just as well. They have performance engines, to get where they go quicker, and they go as fast as they do because they are long geared for comfort for motorway cruising. just cause they can go that fast, dont mean you have to.

Personally, i'd be a liar if i said i dont speed. i aint preaching, just showing others opinion, before everyone gangs up on one another.

don't get me wrong i'd be lying if i said that too but was just putting my 2p worth about how i thought it was a bit excessive thats all.

don't want to get anyones back up

/cheers

vr6paul, No, fair enough mate. public forum, evryones entitled and all that... I just enhanced your point encase anyone els took it wrong. if i do some very illegal things in my car, i dont tend to boast about it in its own thread.

Personally i prefer the "Who can piss highest up the wall?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well after chatting to mate of mine who has a 1.8 16v about this thread he infomed that on more than one ocasion he has had and indicated 145 out his valver now i know his speedo could be out, but when he was keeping up with the M3 at the time he said even he was surprised !! it's done 100,000 and a full stainless on it but i'm still impressed and he is'nt one to lie whats the point!!!! :D

VRev6-

I wasn't joking.

Its fair enought exploring the performance of your car to a certain extent but some of the speeds mentioned are insane stupid and dangerous.

You can use the great performance these cars provide without doing 145 ish miles an hour!

Just my opinion as always and many will not agree.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. :D but when you have got a performance car and conditions permit then i think we'd all be lying if we said we hadnt put our foot down you cant tell me you never have?, i do agree those speed are dangerous but it is also one hell of a buzz, :D which i think is the main reason everyone does it!! dont't forget using the performance of these cars doing average speeds can be just as dangerous :) :D