Sign in to follow this  
uktarget

G60 RUNNING ROUGH

Help!!!!!

just got my raddo back today and have a 65mm pulley and chip fitted it's on standard injectors at the mo tho

but i hav'nt gone past 4k rpm

Anyway it's started to hesitate when i put the throttle down somtimes and wont boost at all just bogs down if i try and put my foot down

No strange noises from the charger but the plugs are black sooty i took it to mids vw and he said he'd set it up to drive safe ish but im lost.

also ticking over a bit erratic

Help

the chip come from germany of a guy who was running it on his g60 golf with the pulley im just putting the standard one back in as i type.

It say's ST singapore on the chip but no name :(

Hi - yeah the chip will just be a writable eeprom with the makers name on it...

Sounds like it's wrong for the engine as the Golf G60 would have a standard front mount intercooler as standard...

Re the 65mm pulley - I assume your charger has been recently rebuild / in known good condition as this size pulley sticks alot of extra stress on the charger... also did you fit the smaller belt with the pulley?? just wonering if the problem is just slipage becuase the tensioner is out of its adjustment range?

I would give G-werks a call about getting an SNS chip for your engine

Hi charger was done 3.5k just standard but was als running fine and has the smaller belt this is all tight and spins with the engine running and no strange noises also does'nt bog down when just reving in neutral

As Steve says check the pipe going to the ECU from the Throttle Body, check the condition and length (Needs to be 100cm exactly)

Ok.

Quick update it won't run on the standard chip but it's been lying around so maybe fubar

But just put the other in and started the car,

started fine but then tried applying full throttle quick from under the bonnet and it backfires and wont rev innstantly

Can't check the pipe from the tb till morning but do you reckon the maps f**k'd on the chip?

check the 1m pipe goin to ecu, also like has been said check the pipes are right way rund on the throttle body, i THINK, the top one goes to the ECU, please correct me if im wrong, also may be the chip , id only trust an sns onemyself after all the good write ups etc about them. Dunno if it makes a differennce, Blue Temp sender?be worth giving Darren at G-werks a call, top bloke and very good with his advice

hope it sorts it out mate. posted ya thingy today lol

Hi - yeah the chip will just be a writable eeprom with the makers name on it...

Sounds like it's wrong for the engine as the Golf G60 would have a standard front mount intercooler as standard...

Re the 65mm pulley - I assume your charger has been recently rebuild / in known good condition as this size pulley sticks alot of extra stress on the charger... also did you fit the smaller belt with the pulley?? just wonering if the problem is just slipage becuase the tensioner is out of its adjustment range?

I would give G-werks a call about getting an SNS chip for your engine

With regards to the slippage i've been out with a torch and the belt does look off center would slippage cause this and the rich running?

Morning chaps :D :D

Check'ed the 100cm pipe this morning as i can see better now i've got some light it had come away from the TB.

so put it back and purring nicley hav'nt been out for a run yet but no backfire on tickover and responds 100% better. But.................

Noticed a bit of steam/ smoke coming from the left hand side just under the fuel rail on closer inspection it appears it's petrol leaking :shocked!:

Going to check all the clips on the fuel pipes and the pipes themselves now (this isn't a plea for advice as i know what's happening)

Just like to say a big :thumbleft: THANK YOU :thumb right: to you guy's not only have you solved my problem but if i'd have left it and wait'd till tomorrow and just used the car steady as i have a bit of running around to do today you have probrably saved me from going up in :onfire:

Funny how it happened tho otherwise i'd have been none the wiser about the petrol

Thanks again for the good advise i owe you all several large drink's

tried applying full throttle quick from under the bonnet and it backfires and wont rev innstantly

Weird,sounds just like mine has been for the past 21/22 months :?

Really have tried everything though...

It was just the vacum pipe from the throttle body to the ecu with mine sorted now

The petrol leak was the nasty one especially after spending £760 on having the head replaced

Check your pipe if you hav'nt done so for leaks it's shocked me how much difference that bit of pipe makes got to be a 100cm in length tho

Your telling me it was scary and like i said if it was'nt for the pipe coming off (no cable tie on it!!!!)

I would'nt have known,

God work's in mysterious ways heh either that or i have the luck of the devil

Still goning to look into putting steel braided all round now this week

Aye,the fuel pipes are a common one...they split on the inside so even if they look fine,its well worth replacing them :shock:

radofuelpressureswitchpipe2.jpg

Ive replaced the ecu pipe a good while ago now,new 1m length from vw...Don't think ill ever solve the problem with mine :(

What happens with yours.

Somtimes a fresh approach is a good way to solve thing's and even tho im still not sure on everything you never know.

:wink: