Sign in to follow this  
drewiee99

mclaren f1 corrado mirrors

i was reading auto express the other day on a section about simerlarities between super cars and normal cars,and guess what the rado was in there.Apparentaly the wing mirros on a mclaren f1 are off the corrado and it says the vw stamp and number can still be seen on the underside of many.Hows about that :D

Yet there are so many Rado owners swapping over the standard mirrors that are good enough for Mclaren and Tvr, for naff looking ones (IMHO) off other cars like Mazdas :roll:

I could just imagine that if the Rado had different mirrors, there would be loads of us queing up to do the Mclaren/Tvr wing mirror conversion :lol:

It was only one very specific version of the F1 though and I can't remember what collection of letters it was off the top of my head. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before tho.

"Most aerodynamic"? somehow I doubt it.

More like "least aerodynamically bad, cheapest and easiest to fit"!

"Most aerodynamic"? somehow I doubt it.

More like "least aerodynamically bad, cheapest and easiest to fit"!

And looked quite cool :)

i've heard this before too there also on some TVR's there ment to be the most aero dynamic mirrors on a road car

Yep, l;ike the Tuscan Speed 6, one of my fave cars, and it has Rado parts too 8)

The F1 still looks sensational, much better than anything that has followed IMHO, including the Veyron..

On the subject of the mirrors im suprised no one has got the ones from the TVR with the buttons on and dehandles the doors...

The F1 still looks sensational, much better than anything that has followed IMHO, including the Veyron..

On the subject of the mirrors im suprised no one has got the ones from the TVR with the buttons on and dehandles the doors...

It's 'coz, like most Corrado door things, they keep breaking ;) The amount of TVR owners I know who say that they don't bother locking their cars, because of the acctuators failing.