Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

Under Bonnet Sponge for Late Corrado

Id imagine there will be Martin due to the different bonnet shape...

I know the late stuff is available from VW but its not cheap...

Id imagine there will be Martin due to the different bonnet shape...

I know the late stuff is available from VW but its not cheap...

It's £82 + VAT :shock: My ETKA has packed up so I can't check the part numbers :?

mine could do with replacing.. i wonder how much the stealers actually charge for it.. ? anyone know

^^^^^^^^ :) see my previous post :lol:

Yes there is a difference between early and late as the support structure under the bonnet is different. You can only get the late stuff from VW at the silly price above.

If you have a search, there have been a couple of threads on this in the last month or two where people have found alternative places to get generic sheets of it from that you cut to size, but for a fraction of the cost.

82 quid is a fair bit for a few bits of bobbly foam, not ideal at all...

Off topic here but hows the car running Martin???

sorry vr6 south.. we must have posted more or less the same time.. as the price wasnt on there when i posted

so soz

Great minds think alike

82 quid is a fair bit for a few bits of bobbly foam, not ideal at all...

Off topic here but hows the car running Martin???

Not well at the moment, the cooling fan issues have been sorted, and now having recently spent a fortune she has got a sudden appetite for fuel and in doing 25 to the gallon if I drive very conservatively. Do you know anyone local with VAGCOM? My mechanic is in holiday for two weeks!

I've got the 288's and new disc ready to go on just need to find the time..

The only guys i know who have it are Ross (Tekara) in Andover and Darren down at littlehampton..

When did it start misbehaving??

When did it start misbehaving??

Straight after the repair to the fan temp sender. Ive cleaned the MAF just incase some cr@p from the BMC had got into it, but the problem is still there :? It's not me getting excited with the right foot as I was getting nearly 40 mpg just after the BMC had been fitted.

Not well at the moment, the cooling fan issues have been sorted, and now having recently spent a fortune she has got a sudden appetite for fuel and in doing 25 to the gallon if I drive very conservatively. Do you know anyone local with VAGCOM? My mechanic is in holiday for two weeks!

Mine runs at about that. I think it's a coolant sensor, but I've not run it for long enough to be certain... Think I might give Ross a call and pop up at some point, as he VAG-Comed my car before.

Mine runs at about that. I think it's a coolant sensor, but I've not run it for long enough to be certain... Think I might give Ross a call and pop up at some point, as he VAG-Comed my car before.

At least I'm not alone. Just been checking out the low miler Storm on Fleabay 8)