Sign in to follow this  
j16jrf

smoking on over run

My vr6 is smoking on over run, when i accelerate there is no smoke at all just on over run.

What would cause this, and how is it fixed?

Thanks

Jamie

there is only 96000 on it, though there was a major problem recently with a load of oil getting up the breather and into the throttle body.

The car wouldnt start for a week and we thought it was new engine time, though now we have got it going again, the car is flying still no problems there. And it had to burn off all the oil that was in the bores.

Once the oil had burnt off it has now done this blue smoke on over run, I havent checked the plugs to see if it oils up no6. but im sure all the plugs will have a bit of oil on them after the amount that went into the inlet manifold.

Mine was doing the exact same thing. I'd pull up to a junction after letting the engine do the braking and loads of blue smoke would sail past my window :(

Was told by more than one garage that it was valve stem oil seals... quoted 5 hours in labour to fix it.

see i thought it would be more like the valve stem oil seals rather than the piston rings.

surely if the pistion rings were gone it would smoke under acceleration too.

That was my line of thinking, Rixy on here is selling a newly refurbed head and i was going to buy that until my clutch went and then i bit the bullet & bought double-6 whole engine!

just booked mine in for a refurb with a local guy and get the chains etc done at the same time;)