Sign in to follow this  
livi1982

16 inch wheels on a valver

Thinking about getting a set of new wheels for my valver. A set of Borbet (7.5x16 ET 30 with 225/45/ZR tyres) is what i'm looking at but bit worried because of what's said on the forum about 16inch wheels causing more problems than 15s. Do 16's cause that many problems?

no. 16's are the perfect size

No 17's are.. but only because I have a set to go on!

Things you need to look out for are the offsets.. and how low you're running... can produce some "comedy" tyre shedding icidents.. Ask Heristes and Croozin!

If your thinking of going lower then i would put 205/45 tyres on there, thats the correct size for the wheels or 195's for a little stretch!!

If you went 9 x 16's, do you have to get your arches rolled even with standard ride height? Or would that look daft. :shock:

If you went 9 x 16's, do you have to get your arches rolled even with standard ride height? Or would that look daft. :shock:

Dont do it mate, your car will look like a beach buggy and people will just laugh tbh. 9x16's only go with slammed C's really. I put my 9x16's on when the car was lowered 40mm and it still looked stupid, not its on coilies and lowered a lot more and it looks awesome, but then catching is a BIG issue as vwdeviant pointed out!! :shock: on a valver/G60 you can get away with your arches rolled and catching might not be too bad, but on a VR6 which has a wider track than the other models rolled arches isnt enough, ask me how i know :lol:

As for the Borbets, 7.5 x 16 ET30 will fit fine on a valver, but as said 225/45 is WAY to big tyres, they must look like balloons! You want 205/40 or 195/45 for a bit of stretch as mentioned.

I've a set of 8x17 Hocks to go on the Rado, i'm wanting at least a 60mm drop though, will these wheels cause me any headaches?

What size of tyres would i be best to fit for the stretched tyre look?

Thanks

or on a 16" x 7.5" go for 215/40/R16s - loads of grip and tyres are the perfect shape - look hard as nails.

Lets get some pictures of different size wheels?

I don't want the arches jammed but a good size.

Thanks for all the replies btw.

I have a set of hocks on mine now!

But the off set is either 35 or 38, i have coil overs so its lower than a 40mm drop, but because of the rubbish off set i'm having to run 10mm spacers so the weels will clear the coil overs inside the arch!

its fine on the rear!

But i wanna go lower on the front but beacause of the 10mm spacers i cant!

Sorry just had to have a winge!

oh yeah tyres are 205 40 17 on the front

And 215 40 17 on the rear!

And i'd say the drop ive go is between 70-80mm

Ive got some 16's lined up for my 1.8 valver, infact they've been in the garage for at least 9 months (im not the only one eh?) They're 7.5" wide and im hoping for a 60mm drop, hopefully they'll look just right. Oh, and the only other car ive ever seen them on was a mk2 rocco a few years back, they're rather marmite!

Bit worried now about the size of the tyre considering i've bought them (still waiting for them to be delivered, bought them off a german boy on ebay??). Are 225 45 gonna be too big? I'm not too fussed about the look just now, but need to wait until next payday to buy new lower profile tyres and to drop her. Will these tyres fit alright for the time being?

Man wheels and tyres and offsets are so confusing. :? Good to know there's plenty of great advice here.

So to summarize - 7.5x16 ET 30 with 215/45's will be ok? (sorry if this has been done a million times before)

remember the rolling radius of the wheel is increased now, so your speedometer won't be as accurate.

but it's a small percentage anyways ^_^

i've got 17's on my rado and its been dropped at leST 70MM

A BIT OF A BUMPY RIDE BUT HEY IT LOOKS THE PART

Tonka