Sign in to follow this  
Jim

VW considering revised corporate logo..

if you compare the mk4 badges to that of the mk1 golf it's amazing how the badge has changed, its got thicker, more solid looking, curvier across the face, more three dimensional and generally more up-to-date. A similar change has happened to many well known brands, the series of Shell oils 'shells' for instance, they've changed step by step every decade or two. Can't see VW making a massive change to a logo with such 'recall' with the general public.

Perhaps they could ''regionalise' the logo, change the UK version from VW to PC (Peoples Car), if cost cutting is so important, how about just a 'V', and audi could cut down their rings to say just two - 'OO'

Ok, p'raps not...

The thing that gets me is that they want to make it bigger.. I mean has anyone seen the size of the badge on the back of stuff like the MK5 and the Touran? Its already the size of a dinner plate! Would prefer it to be a little more discreet personally!

The thing that gets me is that they want to make it bigger

Yup, that seems to be all that's changed IMHO. The badges with pretty much all car manufacturers just get bigger so that the stupid public can actually distinguish the make of all these similar looking modern rubbish bins that the automotive industry keep on chucking out at us.

Tempest

Pah, we'll just debadge 'em as the first mod anyway ;)

I think I'll file that one under... "internet blog-cobblers"

Show me a picture on the VW website and I'll believe them

I think I'll file that one under... "internet blog-cobblers"

Show me a picture on the VW website and I'll believe them

But would it suprise you if they mk 6 Golf did have a mahosive badge on it?

yeh but a bigger badge isnt changing the brand is it?

its using it bigger.

VW have a loyal customer base they won't change it unless its for a good reason.

If they didi people would be unsure. People like to have something familiar - it wouldnt do sale any good.

It's not a brand change, just a change or corporate logo.

Let's face it this an article reported by journos for shock value, from my rather limited area of knowledge and that which is reported by the media, they spend a lot of time talking out of their arse, with little reference to facts and are all too willing to jump on the hype bandwagon.

So it's a piece of 'news' on a slow day.

Oh dear. If it's true, it's a classic case of someone with too much time on their hands!

That Winterkorn bloke has already decreed that Golfs cost [VW] too much in man hours and money to build, so he's 'simplifying' the build process using few parts and offering fewer engine choices. And we all know what happens when bean counters try to 'simplify' things and focus on quantity, the quality goes down. Mercedes learned that lesson a few years ago.

German car customers buy German cars for the very reason that they are top quality, supposedly, and a cut above your Focuses and Civics. So it will be interesting to see what the MK6 will be like as it's the first model to fall victim to their cost cutting regime, but you can bet your bottom dollar any savings they make in the factory won't be passed onto the customer.

Oh dear. If it's true, it's a classic case of someone with too much time on their hands!

That Winterkorn bloke has already decreed that Golfs cost [VW] too much in man hours and money to build, so he's 'simplifying' the build process using few parts and offering fewer engine choices. And we all know what happens when bean counters try to 'simplify' things and focus on quantity, the quality goes down. Mercedes learned that lesson a few years ago.

German car customers buy German cars for the very reason that they are top quality, supposedly, and a cut above your Focuses and Civics. So it will be interesting to see what the MK6 will be like as it's the first model to fall victim to their cost cutting regime, but you can bet your bottom dollar any savings they make in the factory won't be passed onto the customer.

Somewhat ironic when you consider the original mission and appeal of VWs was to make cheap, practical cars "for the people"... :lol: