junkie

Hoping to buy another corrado.

Right then i have just quickly converted the Nm figure to torque, to show the actual torque figures as in my eyes it is a good torque curve but the graph makes it look short and peaky when its down to the torque peaking so high in the 1st place.

As can be seen i have a minimum of 260lb/ft between 3000rpm > 6000rpm, now at 2500rpm its 166lb/ft which is the same as a G Lader peak torque and quite close to a pullied, chipped and flowed charger, and right on the limiter its still doing more than the previously mentioned set up. For the torque to double in 1000rpm between 2500rpm > 3500rpm as it comes on boost you can imagine the problems i have with traction in 1st and 2nd :) hence why i need longer gearing and quite possibly i may be trying the CTN as a cheap alternative to the VR6 set up, i think i have made my mind up.

RPM = lb/ft - BHP

2500 = 166 - 80

3000 = 258 - 150

3500 = 317 - 215

4000 = 332 - 255

4500 = 339 - 295

5000 = 317 - 300

5500 = 291 - 300

6000 = 258 - 300

6500 = 239 - 295

On the 2 seperate graphs with red lines they are the same dyno run from my engine, just shows you how different they can look to the eye as in the 2nd graph it looks like it has more torque for longer compared to the 1st graph even though they are identical runs.

So again Green line is torque, Black line is BHP

Simon_Coradodynolines-1.jpg

Rallye_26_Corrado20dyno-1.jpg

So opinions please?

Well for my enjoyment i now have my ultimate steering wheel, fitted it earlier but dont have any pics in the car yet but here is what was fitted.

Monte carlo.JPG[/attachment:3bf56y5t]

New Passenger inner CV

[strike:29pbrvop]Replace front pads, completely shot, have DS2500 waiting but its just too cold to get motivated[/strike:29pbrvop]

Fuel as it wont even get me to the garage 2 miles away

Oil

Repair non sliding sunroof

Downpipe blowing

2 front tyres, gonna steal 2 off the mrs's alloys in the garage

road tax

investigate electric recaro passenger seat for back rest tilt

replace fuse for fogs and horn and replace horn ****Have horn just need to fit****

send off aquamist pump for repair

maybe wash it for once and polish it

heater works on 4 only

I'm certainly cracking on with it :lol: not much left to do then before Elsecar on Easter Sunday.

Well that all depends on if you get any pics back to me :D never say no rush to g60greeny :thumb right: he takes a lifetime otherwise.

You going to enter the show and shine against Goldie?

Well that all depends on if you get any pics back to me :D never say no rush to g60greeny :thumb right: he takes a lifetime otherwise.

You going to enter the show and shine against Goldie?

totally forgot about those pics :lol:,plus my comps runnin like a bag of sh!te!!!

not gonna be enterin anythin mate as she's not lookin her best due to winter/carparks etc,if she looks well enough on the day may enter for the best daily section :lol:

love the car mate,bet it goes like stink! reminds me of my old one 8)

What was your old 1?

totally forgot about those pics :lol:,plus my comps runnin like a bag of sh!te!!!

not gonna be enterin anythin mate as she's not lookin her best due to winter/carparks etc,if she looks well enough on the day may enter for the best daily section :lol:

Still no worries, no rush :lol: honestly, well think im going to enter that as well then but im sure yours will score better than mine still, last time it was judged by Rob he said it was tired, so looking to improve on that :D

Well i have just started and drove my car for the 1st time since mid november :D i nearly forgot how good to drive these are even when they drive crap :D

I have to retract my previous statements in the past regarding FK "boneshakers", they are firm but well controlled and do a bloody good job consideing what is asked of them, its when you use them all the time as in a daily that they become uncomfortable and tiresome.

Not too sure on the pads yet, Ferodo DS2500, done all the breaking in of the pads as per instructions, now i suspect they still have some more to come from them once they get a few more miles on them, done approx 30 miles so far.

Where my standard pads in the 4 pot Brembo's had a really good initial 1st bite to them then faded these seem to brake consistently to pedal pressure, so when i brake lightly so do the pads and when i brake quite hard so do the pads and dont seem to fade so far they just keep gripping but i havent really pushed them really hard yet so we will see how they are with more miles on. They just feel really really predictable which i like i just thought they would keep a good 1st bite then really bite harder without fade.

The new steering wheel is fantasticly comfortable, 320mm is the perfect size and it made me feel like when you watch an F1 driver from the in car cam watching them steer, awesome.

Small update, not quite a finished product but 90% there for looks. [strike:y2w0oxpc]Also painted the needles in my original clocks speedo etc to orange.[/strike:y2w0oxpc]

Just been ordered to edit my post by my gorgeous fiance, she painted my needles in my clocks :D thanks love :notworthy:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture 003.jpg[/attachment:y2w0oxpc]

Picture 004.jpg[/attachment:y2w0oxpc]

To be honest the pic makes them look weird but when your sat in the car its spot on, the pics make the slight colour difference noticable when its not and there is more plastic across the top that you dont notice in real life, so it all looks wrong but its not.

Getting the shift kit fitted but its turning into a mission, just need to fit a new ignition switch, replace all the bulbs in the Audi dials, may as well do my clocks too whilst im in there and that should be pretty much all done.

Well my car has had quite a few electrical gremlins recently to the point where not much worked really, so i thought it was due to a dodgy ignition switch, replaced it with the 1 i have had for 3 years now, fitted it without too much trouble, ignition on and its the same lol, so traced out all the wiring etc got it sorted in a kind of bodge way but its all working.

Ready for a big disappointment tomorrow, MOT time 16.30, hopefully get it passed and maybe be at Santa Pod sunday then stealth RR day, its all touch and go.

Beigey your shift lights rock big time :D

really liking the way the dials look, was the piece you put in there a standard replacement or have you made it to fit?

The dial holder is out of an Audi 80 and the VDO gauges are too, there are 2 different types and depending on whether you have an early or late dash wil decide which 1 you should go for, mine suits the early better as the needles match the dash needles, just painted mine in the clocks on the dash orange (get pics up tomorrow, and the other style that suit a late dash better the needles are the same style but the dials/gauges do not face towards the driver like mine do and on both style dial holders they are pretty much the same shape to fit in the dash but both require different amounts of trimming to fit in, all in took around 3-4 hours to do and it still needs tweaking a little.

The dial holder is out of an Audi 80 and the VDO gauges are too, there are 2 different types and depending on whether you have an early or late dash wil decide which 1 you should go for, mine suits the early better as the needles match the dash needles, just painted mine in the clocks on the dash orange (get pics up tomorrow, and the other style that suit a late dash better the needles are the same style but the dials/gauges do not face towards the driver like mine do and on both style dial holders they are pretty much the same shape to fit in the dash but both require different amounts of trimming to fit in, all in took around 3-4 hours to do and it still needs tweaking a little.

nice touch.

I have been looking for some of those for yonks.

Beigey your shift lights rock big time :D

Glad you like them dude! Should be good for going up the Pod!! 8)

Well it would have been but i have got a big disappointment.

Failed MOT

Failed

Generally wear and tear stuff

2 front tyres that i thought were legal but only just for an MOT but he says not

damn hazard switch only worked 1 side gave it a hit and they all came on but he noted it down as not working

OSF brake pipe excessive corrosion

Emissions were at 6%, he tried to cheat it with more revs and got it to 4.26, needed 3.5

Advisory's

NSF brake pipe slightly corroded

Rear brake pads on limit

So im not going to santa pod and doubt i will make it to Stealth now, gutted to say the least.

He said it sounds like my gasket between the head and exhaust manifold is blowing as its slightly ticky in sound so hoping thats confusing the lambda which is adding more fuel which has made the emissions high, we will se when i take it to bits.

He said it sounds like my gasket between the head and exhaust manifold is blowing as its slightly ticky in sound so hoping thats confusing the lambda which is adding more fuel which has made the emissions high, we will se when i take it to bits.

That would defo upset the lambda. It would think it was running lean and add more fuel to compensate.

Gutted though....some MOT testers seem to be more leaniant than others...