junkie

Hoping to buy another corrado.

dude... not sure what to say. buy my corrado and let me get the one i want. it'll be a lot cheaper to look after!! ;)

I'm after something else - another Corrado - of the non-G60 variety - and so mine will go for sale if the one I'm looking into goes ahead. All jokes aside you're welcome to have it for a very reasonable and fair price

Its magic ain't it, what you can do with a little fluff, need the right size slot though.......be warned. :lol:

So how much would somebody be willing to pay for a car like this, quite exclusive engine, don't know of any 8v with more power apart from a MK1 that had around 340bhp many many moons ago, which required rebuilds every year i presume due to been very highly strung :lol:

Whats the motivation behind a possible sale then? Not quick enough? lol .. Dare I say it, 340bhp isn't enough ooophhh for me anymore either ;-) I've still not got around to wiring up the boost controller or fuel trim - does it work well?

Ben

The boost control works very very well, so much better than the greddy profec b spec i used before, im not using the trim yet not sure what i want to do with it yet.

Yep need more power but it was more of a money thing to possibly sell.

The boost control works very very well, so much better than the greddy profec b spec i used before, im not using the trim yet not sure what i want to do with it yet.

Yep need more power but it was more of a money thing to possibly sell.

Considered swapping it out for a bigger engine? Or you bored of the car itself?

B

P.S. - must get the controller hooked up!

Nah not bored at all and i don't think i ever will be, too many ideas to try out 1st 8)

Not too sure on the power front as i want more power but i really don't want to go down the 20vt route as thats the same old as everybody does,(sorry Ben :lol: ) but its looking like a strong possibility in the future, going to try the diff and longer ratios in the box ie: CTN or ASD box see how that is 1st.

biggerbigben - how you find the diesal final drive now you have got used to it?

Why not go 16v Turbo then? You'd only need block, head and manifolds... 8) If you did it right you could see 400 ponies??

Slightly biased opinion there 8) looks like i wont be needing much then either.

Still can take mine further just do not know which road to take, it just changes weekly, its all coming down to cost, to take mine to the absolute limit or stick a 20vt in its going to cost roughly the same to get the same sort of power, but the potential is there for more on the 20vt, thinking long term buy a 20v build it up over however long in the garage to the spec i want, by the time its done mine will prob be dead :) anyway and there you go nice new engine waiting for me.

Absolutely love my engine as it is, i just did not count on wanting more power when i originally set out, i'm sure its enough for most people though.

Not chasing the pub talk numbers either, just for me personally its not quick enough now, the chassis can still handle so much more.

Nah not bored at all and i don't think i ever will be, too many ideas to try out 1st 8)

Not too sure on the power front as i want more power but i really don't want to go down the 20vt route as thats the same old as everybody does,(sorry Ben :lol: ) but its looking like a strong possibility in the future, going to try the diff and longer ratios in the box ie: CTN or ASD box see how that is 1st.

biggerbigben - how you find the diesal final drive now you have got used to it?

hehe no worries chap. I remember getting the 20v before every man and his dog had one, but you can't knock the tuning potential!

I put CTN gears in my rallye box. Even with 340bhp I thought they were too long! I have standard TT ratios in my current 02M but there is a thread on vortex about changing out to oil burner final drive, so I might consider that. If I was you consider VR6 ratios as they are much better for the type of driving we do int he UK.

16v Turbo would be cool and 600bhp+ is still very much possible.

Ben

Can i hear a hint of the new engine plans there???

As i'm still seeing the ???'s in your sig 8)

arhh, now that WOULD be telling ;-)

I'm not going to lie, there is an engine on the bench but I can't decide whether to sink cash into my 20v or sink cash into the new lump... undecided as off yet. I'm focusing on the look and finish before fiddling with the engine and running gear side of the things.

Ben

If you change then keep me in mind for the 20v :wink:

Sounds like you have finally hit a crossroad like me.

How reliable can that be though? Surely 450bhp+ and you start to get reliability issues?

junkie, why not 2.0l 16v turbo then? you've already got the mahoosive turbo? I am slightly biased as you well know... :lol:

Not if it's built to take it...... plenty of Yanks running 2.0 500+hp Valver Ts 8)

Mostly S2 hardware with a GT35R. Bit laggy though.

How reliable can that be though? Surely 450bhp+ and you start to get reliability issues?

junkie, why not 2.0l 16v turbo then? you've already got the mahoosive turbo? I am slightly biased as you well know... :lol:

Its only as realible as the componens used -

Have a look at TS Tuning's 750bhp 16v turbo - http://www.tsracing.no/A3.htm

What you all think now i finally can get the dynoplot up on here :D

Starting on the left the top red line is the torque and the bottom is the bhp.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfSimon_Corado dyno.jpg[/attachment:af397]

Here is the same graph but i have added the black and green lines to define the lines plotted more clearly.

So the green line is Torque and the black is BHP

Simon_Corado dyno lines.JPG[/attachment:af397]

Thats really interesting.

The colour coding helps.(Helped me anyway :D )

You can see at about 4.5k where it can't breath anymore and the torque starts to drop off.

Incredible figures though for a g60 block.

Thanks for sharing.

Thats the fundamental fault with an 8v, its looks like a big drop in torque because it peaks so high in the 1st place, at 6k its still doing 260lb/ft.

So basically if i change the rods to forged and increase the boost im going to get the same torque curve but higher numbers hopefully across the rev range.