Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

Rapid Fire 550bhp corrado 10sec QMT

Has anyone seen this article/car in action or know anymore details. I think it's an astonishing car. Is he a forum member?

O-60 in 3.2secs 100 in 7secs and a QMT OF 10.6SECS 127MPH. And it's road legal with a full interior. My God I want one.

oooh, so this in one of the VW mags then?? Wouldn't mind geting a copy of that.

A mate of mine was telling me a about some fast Corrado that was at Ten of The Best in York last weekend, could this be it??

That is an awesome car.... but the amount of cheese in that article! :shock:

can't find anything on google about it, perhaps some one will scan the mag article...

Pretty sure thats the monster that was running in low 10's at gti spring festival at the pod earlier in the year, just seen in in the golf mag that dropped through my door this morning, i cant find the thread from that show but i'm pretty sure someone asked the same question in that thread... sorry cant be more help

the ending line of '...veyron owners beware...' kind of misses the point of the car in my eyes! still like the golf mag though so i'll forgive them :lol:

This is Mark's car who is a mate of James at Jabba.

Its on Haldex, 20VT with a Garrett GT30,GT35 hybrid plus loads and loads more to get the power and a cheeky 50bhp of NOS.

Blew the engine at santa pod and was rebuilding to 2L last time i spoke to him.

Edit: He also did all the work himself and i dont think he is on here.

Ohh that a shame. They didn't mention in the article that he blew it up. They just said he was putting in a crank to take it to 2ltrs. I couldn't get my head around it apparently it has NOS foggers to help spin up the turbo faster and retards the timing to dump in more feul while holding the revs to 4k ? And this is before it has even left the start line I think? Oh and it has some sort of launch control system the same as subaru impreza rally cars. Money Money Money!!!

Yep unfortunately.

He did his 4 wheel burnout at the pod, sat on the line waiting but there was a problem somewhere else so got pulled back to wait, then did another 4 wheel burnout, during this short time the engine got a little too hot, off he went up the strip, half way thats when it went pop and he still posted a 12sec pass :lol: 8) :lol:

If the plans with the new engine work then sure he could crack into the 9's with the full interior.

He planned the 2L before i think it went and the shoot was prob before it did but not sure.

I wonder how drivable it is as a road car I know he can switch the rear diff off. I wonder if he can switch engine maps. I'd like to see the power graphs. It's making me get all excited about 1.8T engines and 4WD systems. :roll:

Ha ha like you said money money money.

I know he has the electronic boost control so high and low boost, if its anything like mine its mental on high really aggressive how the power comes on to 1.5 bar, and on low its really progressive as though its still supercharged to 0.7 bar, which makes it really nice to drive in bad weather/wet roads but seem slow.

So with different boost settings its like having 2 maps and the 4 wheel drive wll certainly help.

Am dubious too, 550hp is pub banter unless there's dyno plots from somewhere other than Uncle Jim's big power mopeds :lol:

I know it can be done from an engineering POV, just wanna see how this guy did it. No doubt if he's involved with Jabba it will be some awesome kit!

I couldn't get my head around it apparently it has NOS foggers to help spin up the turbo faster and retards the timing to dump in more feul while holding the revs to 4k ? And this is before it has even left the start line I think?

Yep, Launch control and anti-lag. MY DTA P8Pro has both. Pull back the timing, chuck fuel in, hold at 4K rpms = more boost and no lag. The NOS is probably there to control intake temps whilst holding on anti-lag.

Am dubious too, 550hp is pub banter unless there's dyno plots from somewhere other than Uncle Jim's big power mopeds

I thought that too, but then Jabba's power figures are known to be a bit optimistic.

For what it's worth, the article said it pulls a 10.9 @ 127mph, which for 4x4 and an alleged 550hp, is not that impressive tbh. One of Schimmel's cars pulls a 9.7 @ 147mph with 620hp, and it's FWD. He's working on an 8 second FWD VW now....which will be a world first.

Engine management.

Have it on my Haltech management as well but not used yet as i dont wanna kill my turbo.

How can you say that Kev its really impressive.

Well im sure the old rollers were a bit optimistic but thought the new 1's were more accurate?

So my figures are naff as well then.

He not involved with Jabba just a mate of james, did all the car himself apart from the mapping and i think thats where jabba come in. He has tried all sorts of turbos to get to the power levels he is at and there is a lot of custom fabrication in the engine so im sure the figures are not just pub talk.

If you see him and get the chance have a chat with him, he really is sound and not up his own backside like some people in the "scene" are.

Ah ok, ALS explains a lot!

For what it's worth, the article said it pulls a 10.9 @ 127mph, which for 4x4 and an alleged 550hp, is not that impressive tbh. One of Schimmel's cars pulls a 9.7 @ 147mph with 620hp, and it's FWD. He's working on an 8 second FWD VW now....which will be a world first.

That car is so cool. I'd love a fwd 10sec car! :D

Junkie, you obviously know the guy and are sticking up for him but his sincerity and likability were never in question.....but rather the quoted output seeming a little optimistic (imo). Try not to take it personally! :lol:

I'll reevaluate my opinion when I've seen what turbo he's using and the spec of the other hardware!

Boost Monkey, me too. A bit wild for the road though!

Junkie, you obviously know the guy and are sticking up for him but his sincerity and likability were never in question.....but rather the quoted output seeming a little optimistic (imo). Try not to take it personally! :lol:

I'll reevaluate my opinion when I've seen what turbo he's using and the spec of the other hardware!

Boost Monkey, me too. A bit wild for the road though!

Lol i honestly dont take it personally and i dont know him, met him twice now, im just answering the question of does anybody have any info on the engine and i have said what i know. Sure the turbo is a hybrid GT30 or 35 and i dont know half as much as you do on engines and turbos, maybe im gullible but even if its not that power its still a bloody quick car.

I know they were never in question i was trying to point out he does not seem the type to tell porkies and generally have a chat if you see him somewhere most likely the pod. :)

the turbo is a hybrid GT30 or 35

That explains it then :lol: The GT3076 is a 525whp capable turbo and the GT3582 can dish out 600whp, so making a hybrid of the two (a GT3082 if you like) gives the quick spooling qualities of the GT30, with the high boost output of the GT35.

Most folk use a GT28RS on the 1.8T which is only good for around 400hp, which is why I was sceptical. Not many folk fit the big fella GT30/35s to 1.8Ts, so hats off to him for getting it to work.

I know they were never in question i was trying to point out he does not seem the type to tell porkies and generally have a chat if you see him somewhere most likely the pod. :)

Yeah I could tell that by one sentence in the write up..."I wanted to drive a car to the track, make no changes, then drive home in comfort and it's taken me 4 years to achieve...", or words to that effect.

So yes, I take it all back, this man more than likely does have a 550hp Corrado :lol: