Sign in to follow this  
firstrado

My first Corrado and loving it!

My G60 is the same, think it's okay with those temps, kinda the norm.

I'm on my first Rado as well, loving it too!!!

8)

dose this fan turn all the time when driving or just when required?

The Rad Fan is a 2 speed jobbie, low speed should come on at 85c, high speed at 95c, the fan shouldn't be running all the time though.

Sounds like the problem mine had (1990 16v), changed the Rad Fan switch that sits on the Rad (on the side closest to the passenger wing), and problem solved.

Didn't cost too much from the dealers so a nice cheap fix.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!

my temp sounds the same as yours and hasnt given me any problems :)

welcome to the forum :)

Ditto the above. My oil temp on the MAF at worst can hit 110 sat in traffic on a hot day.Then drops straight away to 104 when fan kicks in and still sat in traffic. Once on the move will drop again into the 90's. I have done 10k in the car now like this, including journeys of 300 miles with no probs whatsoever. The water temp never reaches the halfway mark.

1990 1.8 valver with 127k on the clock.

WELCOME 8)

Thanks for all the advice guys, Think I might still take it to a garage as the water temp is high as well. Also any ideas on a noise coming from the power steering that sounds like a belt slipping. Are there any belts involved?

Could be the power steering pump, mine was making a weird buzzing noise and I ended up having to replace it. Pretty easy job, and a pump costs somewhere in the region of £100 - although I'd check the PAS fluid and belt tension first if i were you :)

Make sure the p/steering fluid is topped up and have a new belt fitted for peace of mind as they're cheap. If it still makes the noise then you will have to look deeper. Do the cheap/easy fix first though.