Sign in to follow this  
Owen VR6

New Repeaters

Just bought some new ( well ebay actually) clear side repeaters, wondering how you fit them........

Haven't got the car back from the garage yet as it's having coilovers fitted so just thought i'd ask!

They're push fit - one end of the repeater has a hook, the other has a kind of springy tab.

Could be a bit of a bugger to get out, but the new ones just hook and push-fit.

Once you get one in your hand, it's pretty obvious :)

so whats the best way of getting the old ones out?

I had a go on my passat the other day but didnt want to risk breaking the old ones as im not sure if i like the smoked ones yet and might want to put the orange ones back in lol

I managed to get my standard ones out with some extremely careful prising with a screwdriver, but they were pretty loose in the holes anyway.

Otherwise, not sure - maybe get some pliers on the end that spring-clips in place and give 'em a pull?

IIRC you need to push them forwards (toward the front of the car) and lever out the trailing edge... can be a bit tricky but never had a problem myself!

wrap some electrical tape around a flat headed screwdriver head and as phil says work from the back forwards, should just pop out without scratching anything, be careful putting the aftermarket ones in though as the little tabs tend to be quite brittle

just got them out cheers :)

turns out on mk3 passat ones the spring tab is at the top rather than the side.

annoyingly looks like i need to change the bulb holders to mk3 golf ones tho for the smoked repeaters to work :(