Sign in to follow this  
redsamuraidragon

3.6 Passat/touareg motor into 92 SLC

Who said anything about FWD? The rear seats don't get used much, so...... :lol:

Mechano has a lot to answer for the mental health of certain individuals of today's society!!! :lol:

ROFL :lol:

nah he's right, put it in the back seat!

we have a mid engine corrado in the states with a twin turbo 6 in it! its fast.....

nah he's right, put it in the back seat!

we have a mid engine corrado in the states with a twin turbo 6 in it! its fast.....

Would this be the 24V rear engine Corrado the right honourable gentelman, Mr Bill Schimmel built? :lol:

Was speaking about that on the phone with him last week...... it's got two GT3071 turbos on it, and I have ONE GT3071 on mine and it's fast..... that thing must be insane! 900hp capable. He's got two 3071s on his 911 aswell.... 8)

Im over here in the states but I was just on storm developments website and they have an mk2 golf with the 3.6 installed and are claiming to have the management sorted.

I live in eastern Pennsylvania about 15 miles west of New Jersey. Approximately 1 hour from New York City And one Hour From Philadelphia. I've been a dub head for about 13 yrs. I've owned several mk2's both 16 valve and 8 valve all of them in different states of tune. I also built a stage 3 g60 some years back. My last tuned dub was a 98 1.8t quattro a4. I ran it with a t28 turbo, milltek exhaust, injectors etc. approx 300whp. I'm currently rolling in a 1.8t jetta bone stock. I have no plans on tuning the jetta but im looking to purchase a corrado rolling shell and from what ive read on here I believe that a 3.2 or 3.6 swap with a hybrid synchro haldex conversion is the way to go... I just bought a new house so im going to have to piece this together over time as I intend on building it to a very high standard... I dont know if anyone is aware of this but the dollar is very weak compared to the euro right now and if anyone needs parts sourced from the states I could be of help. 8)