Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

Central locking not opening

Ok lots of these threads but cannot see a similar problem to mine unfortunately.

Car is 95 VR6 and has std Scorpion alarm fitted. Problem is that central locking will close using fob and key but only open with key and you have to force it as the locks keep wanting to go back down into locked position again.

Checked pump in boot and seems ok. So am i looking at a vacuum hose issue or something else?

Any ideas to narrow it down would be greatly appreciated as i dont want to pay a lot of money for someone to go through every conceivable fault option!

Thanks

Matt

Update!

Everything opens ok with key from passenger door

Fuses ok

Alarm box contacts ok

micro switch in drivers handle and latch ok

vacuum pump ok

So blimey knows whats up! Something is still pulling down the drivers lock and locking the car????

Anyone have any further ideas before I take it to an electrical place?

Thanks

Matt

You prob dont need to spend any money just yet. Remove the drivers door card (very easy) and pull back the moisture membrane. Locate the pipe going to the lock, its a white pipe. Firstly ensure this is connected. If so, follow this back to the pump, remove from the pup and blow into it. You'll have to blow quite hard to make sure the lock lifts. If you jsut hear air coming out you've got a leak so trace this back. Also, lube up the lock and mechs just to make sure nothing is seized and is pulling the lock back down.

HTH

Update!

Everything opens ok with key from passenger door

Fuses ok

Alarm box contacts ok

micro switch in drivers handle and latch ok

vacuum pump ok

So blimey knows whats up! Something is still pulling down the drivers lock and locking the car????

Anyone have any further ideas before I take it to an electrical place?

Thanks

Matt

Hallo,

If the C/L works fine with the passenger key (whole car locks and unlocks) then I would suggest looking at the electrical aspects of the drivers door.

I assume the drivers lock pin is going up and done with the key turned in the door?

Thanks all

Pipe is attached but I didnt blow down it, will give it a go.

The locking pin will go up with the key in the drivers door, but even with the key in the lock it still wants to be pulled back down into the locked position again.

I think I am beginning to think it may be an actual lock mechanism problem??? So will try lubing it and then see how much a new lock unit is.

Thanks both for the replies

Matt :-)