Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Coolant Hoses...

Wheres the best place to obtain a replacement coolant hose for my 94' VR6. Its the larger hose at the rear of the engine that runs into the bulkhead. Is it only available from the dealers?

Other than Samco or similar i believe it might be........have a look out for a VR thats being broken

i might be able to help you here as i've just changed all my VAG water hoses for Samco's (literally in the process of swapping them over now) so have all my VAG ones coming spare, is it the hose that runs to the bulkhead with a smaller hose Tee'ing off it? as this went on mine 2 years ago and i had to change it as well.

Wheres the best place to obtain a replacement coolant hose for my 94' VR6. Its the larger hose at the rear of the engine that runs into the bulkhead. Is it only available from the dealers?

Ok mate, i'll dig my digital camera out & pm you a pic just to make sure give me an hour or so, had a look at the hose last night though and it still in very good condition, like i said before was changed not so long ago, and she's not done much in the way of mileage since then.

Or yeh sorry alex, it is the one with the smaller hose coming off it!

When I changed to Samcos at 100k miles, all the original hoses still appeared to be good for a further few thousand miles at least.

I sold the one you are discussing here (to Jenks), as that one seems to be in demand because it is the first to fail.

I still have most of the others as spares, having sprayed them with Autoglym vinyl/rubber preservative before packing them away. They will be 12 years old now.