Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Alternative to Momo?

I'm looking around for an aftermarket steering wheel, but would like a bit more choice and Momo is really the only name I know. I've seen some Mountney ones, but they're poo.

So can anyone suggest some alternative makes?

Cheers.

I've got an ItalVolate on mine, not unlike MoMo but rather chunkier, I've never come across another one.

I'ts starting to show signs of wear and could do with re-covering, the factory are supposed to offer a re-covering service, but it's in Italy, and I can't get their e-mail address on their website to work.

Suede Sparco dude. It's the way forward :)

Unfortunately I suffer from Sweaty Palm Syndrome when driving. Suede would last about 3 days. :(

Suede Sparco dude. It's the way forward :)

Unfortunately I suffer from Sweaty Palm Syndrome when driving. Suede would last about 3 days. :(

Way to much information :lol:

Have a look through the Demon Tweeks Catalogue or Website, have a wide variety of different steering wheel designs and makes.

Think it depends on how much you want to spend?

Way to much information :lol:

How come? I get sweaty hands when driving. Its not like I'm jacking off while doing it! :lol:

Have a look through the Demon Tweeks Catalogue or Website, have a wide variety of different steering wheel designs and makes.

Think it depends on how much you want to spend?

Ta muchly. I'm going to make a few choices then try to pick them up a bit cheaper somewhere else. I hate busy looking wheels, they're a tad too playstation for me. Anyway, I've yet to pick up my new C so its all future mod planning and can wait a while.

Used to have a Raid steering wheel on my old G60.. see the attached pic for an idea on what it looked like. Fairly basic design but suited the Corrado well :)

Used to have a Raid steering wheel on my old G60.. see the attached pic for an idea on what it looked like. Fairly basic design but suited the Corrado well :)

exactly the same as mine, a Dino :D mines 300mm and i love it, makes me think i'm driving a go kart! although i cant see my instruments clearly :(

Mmm, I like, that's close to what I'm after. No odd finger grips, flat bottom, or different textures. Simple and uncluttered and probably a helluva lo cheaper too.

just wandering where did you get the raid one from, a nice simple alternative i think? small too :)

Not sure where it came from i'm afraid as it was on the car when I bought it, but I liked it enough that I never wanted to change it!

just wandering where did you get the raid one from, a nice simple alternative i think? small too :)

You might as well get the Momo Monte Carlo. It looks almost identical...alot easier to find too. It comes in 350 and 320mm sizes.

momo_montecarlo.jpg

i managed to get the raid wheel a few months ago and a momo boss L 8014 but the two dont quite match up, i always thought the wheel bolted straight to the boss, there's no spacer needed at all is there? what boss did you use jim, mk3 yeti? cheers?

I have the MOMO MOnte Carlo in 320mm the pic above looks 350mm and looks weird, only place i can find them though is across the pond.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfMonte carlo.JPG[/attachment:rkincw1h]

Picture%20066.jpg[/attachment:rkincw1h]

Nice and chunky from the side

Aren't DDI or similar making a steering wheel for the C? Think i saw it on a previous thread, but it looked good!

Aren't DDI or similar making a steering wheel for the C? Think i saw it on a previous thread, but it looked good!

Pretty sure their one has a flat bottom and lots of different textures.

I got this Original Leather BBS one i am debating putting on my C, had it on my VR6 Golf, i Could change the colour of those Blackbury insert bits to grey or black? or i could just sell it! as i kinda like my original early leather wheel i have as its pretty minty only having done 64k :D , just in case though i bought a MOMO boss for the C from a chap on here:D might try it and see what i think

101_0179.jpg