Sign in to follow this  
Jules

What is this sunroof part called?

Sorry for another sunroof thread but still not found an answer in any of the thousands already posted! :)

Found which part of my sunroof is causing the problem and this is it in the picture. When moving from the tilt position to slide, this part is not fully pushing down to grip the runner parts. If you manually press it down, the sunroof slide back no probs. What is this part called and can it be fixed or do I need a new one?

0015.jpg

just thought i'd dig this post up as im having the same problem in fixing my sunroof as the one above. Anybody know how to solve it ? the silver cloured bit in the picture will not lay horizonal when the sunroof is slid back and as a result the roof wont go back. Do you think its something to do with the spring as it only really happens on the passenger side? maybe the tension needs adjusting somehow ?

any ideas ?

The part is the same as is on the part displayed in the photo! ----->357877385

Check it out on http://www.vagcat.com if you want to make sure.

Regarding the won't lay horizontal problem. If I remember correctly, the part has a small rubber wheel on it which sits inside a groove on the sunroof frame when the whole mechanism is in the slide position. If this is correct, then check the wheel in comparison with the other side, it may be damaged slightly and therefore not sitting correctly, if so you may be able to repair it, if not, I don't think that that part alone would cost a lot from VAG. I had a similar problem when fixing my roof and seem to remember that being the cause of it.

Let me know if you have any luck.

The gospel according to Etka is

Part number 357 877 385 is known to VW as a "left locking segment"

This one of the parts belonging to the water guide plate.

VW catalogue a water guide plate repair kit and the part number for the left hand kit is 1HO 898 019

nope, all wrong. Having had the whole system in bits twice and initially coming up with the same idea that that that rocker or "Left locking segment" needer replacing because the rubber wheel looked rubbish, I realised that it is actually the pivot piece that it articulates on which is the issue. U need to get a new one of these pieces which includes the piece that slides in the track. It is relatively easy to do but if u have not taken the sunroof to bits before then read this link:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 19&t=61911

The appearance of the rocker not sitting properly is due to it's pivot having been bent upwards when the sunroof didn't open or close properly on a prior occasion. This normally co-incides with one of the motor wires that drive the unit snapping, but if yours is still running with some persuasion then u may have avoided that.

Good luck

Tim

nope, all wrong. Having had the whole system in bits twice and initially coming up with the same idea that that that rocker or "Left locking segment" needer replacing because the rubber wheel looked rubbish, I realised that it is actually the pivot piece that it articulates on which is the issue. U need to get a new one of these pieces which includes the piece that slides in the track. It is relatively easy to do but if u have not taken the sunroof to bits before then read this link:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 19&t=61911

The appearance of the rocker not sitting properly is due to it's pivot having been bent upwards when the sunroof didn't open or close properly on a prior occasion. This normally co-incides with one of the motor wires that drive the unit snapping, but if yours is still running with some persuasion then u may have avoided that.

Good luck

Tim

I'm interested as to why you stated "nope, all wrong" ?

The pivot piece that the arm articulates on is actually contained in the repair kit part number 1HO 898 019 that i quoted.

sorry, slightly brash! you are correct with the part number as you stated, but people were talking about replacing just the rocker piece, whereas he needs the slide that it articulates on. This actually all comes as one piece but has a different number (if i remember correctly) that i cant find from my previous chats about sunroofs.

Tim :salute:

I actually did mean that the problem could have been due to the part photographed. That is the part I needed to sort out when fixing my sunroof because the wheel was out of line, not because the other slider part was bent. It was a suggestion based upon my own experience with fixing my sunroof which could have been right, as could yours.

I havent yet done anything with the sunroof over the winter so its now time to sort it. I will give the local VW dealer a call quoting the repair kit part number 1HO 898 019...thanks for that Valerian, I'll give it a go, and I hope to have it all sorted for the better weather :clap: