Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

what do you do if.......

someone at works wants to buy your rado off you when:

A.your unsure wether or not you want to sell in the 1st place (even though the offers quite good)

B.the lad who wants to buy it hasn't got any interest in cars

c.you would have to see the old rado in the works car park,an see the lad probably let all of the hardwork you've done go to waste and just thrash it about all the time

just readin that is makin me think dont sell it him :lol:

I would sell for the right price but not to somebody local to thrash it around, as then it should be me doing that not them.

It would just play on your mind why did i sell it all the time, where as out of sight out of mind would be better.

You know the answer anyways i think.

If he's got no interest in cars why would he want to be buying himself a C? You never know you might just be starting off a new enthusiast there.

What you planning to buy if you sell it?

Never really wanted to sell a car of mine to someone I know in case something goes wrong with it soon after selling it! They could take it the wrong way and give you a really hard time about it - just not worth it IMHO.

That and, as you say, if they neglect it you have to watch it fall into decline - which just wouldn't be fun.

i think my answer would be if the price is right and you have something else in mind then maybe you should let her go..

Its a tough one though mate and im not a fan of selling cars to freinds for the reason that Jim has said...

dont do it!

if something goes wrong youll get no end of hassle, and being a VW something will go wrong but to us guys with the interest in them its all part of it and fixing it is part of the fun of ownership, if hes got no interest and has to take it to a garage every time something breaks youll get grief off him.

if it was a car id loved id only sell it to someone far enough away that i wouldnt see it every day to remind me of it . . .

What you planning to buy if you sell it?

i'm thinkin of slumming it for a few years we a diesel,clear a few debts so i only got the mortgage to worry about then look @ getting something newer an possibly

gettin a cheap c an startin from scratch ,only doing a lot more things myself such has spraying etc :D

if hes got no interest and has to take it to a garage every time something breaks youll get grief off him.

If he's got no interest and has to take it to a garage every time something breaks it'll bankrupt him!!!