CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

good luck with that custom inlet manifold, there is just no space at the front of the engine bay in a corrado...

There is, but very little. Im running a schimmel short runner its fine, got to use slim line fans.

James, bracket comes with it mate. :)

I bet,and considering everytime you mess with boost and fuel you would have to pay for a £400 remap :shock:

Not necessarily true buddy. My boost controller works great and is really handy for those wet days :)

Ahhh yes in that case standalone is a must if your always gona change and fiddle. i dont have the understanding or time to mess around, so I just take it out and floor it :lol:

coming along nicely James 8)

Cheers Karl.long way yet ,need to raise cash for the turbo ect,got the inlet manifold been milled down today to suit the 4"tube im running and have the throttle plate and end cap all machined up,so after the new year i can get the manifold all welded up and ported! 8)

The SP log is nice,but its out of my budget,cant see why there would be any performance difference in my home made one and the SP one and the best bit it only costing me under £50 to make. 8)

Should be fine. Bill's was designed to withstand ridiculous boost pressure, over 40psi in some cases, but that's a pressure none of us are like to run on the road :lol:

Being geeky and picky, so long as all 6 head ports see the same volume of air on boost and the plenum volume is around 3/4 of engine capacity, it should work aswell as Bill's / Dave's /C2's etc.....

Forgot to mention, I do like modded stock intakes as you can run the standard fuel rail, which gives you more choice of injector size and it's neater and the FPR is in the right place ;-)

Ive seen a few of bills early manifolds and they are the same as what im using,4" round tube to the stock lower manifold.. :D and its 4mm thick so im sure it will stand 40psi but that will never happen! not sure how to work out the volume? but bill's manifold is quite small compared to the massive C2 item !! :shock: well there will be one way to find out.. :lol:

Gaffer tape one end of your 4" tube and fill it with water from a measuring jug...... do the same with one of the chopped stock runners and x by 6......very unscientific but it should give you some idea :lol:

The C2 one should be great for off boost torque with all that plenum capacity! That and the brake servo responsivness is pretty much all plenum capacity affects tbh..... but if you're going standalone, you can mess around with the timing to restore any lost throttle response ;-)

How much boost do you reckon you're going to run? I've found a bar of boost to be unusable this time of year, so I've wound it down to 11 again :lol:

How much boost do you reckon you're going to run? I've found a bar of boost to be unusable this time of year, so I've wound it down to 11 again :lol:

For me i find 0.5 bar useable at this time of year.

Probably the same as you tbh,my last one with 11psi was like a rocket ship! and i was quite happy with that,but time will tell if i get greedy for boost . :lol:

One thing i cant make my mind up is weather to chargecool or intercool...its getting on my tits,read plenty that you will always have hotter charge air rather than going intercooler,but for the charge cooler to work you need to have a large tank in the rear a large heat exchanger up front then a high flow pump+ all the weight and plumbing.

But you get better throttle response thats for sure and looks trick under the bonnet.

But the intercooler you get lower charge temps but more lag...since im making my inlet i can put the throttle to the driver side and route the turbo outlet to the drivers side and mount a twin one side entry intercooler that will give me very short runs for the boost pipes! plus its maintenance free..

Im not bothered about the big hole in bumper like the last one as i quite liked the look of it,plus it had plenty of air to the cooler making the inlet manifold really cold to touch after a long run.

Plus it will be far cheaper to fit a intercooler than chargecooler,if i was supercharging then it would deffo be chargecooling to keep the pressure drop to a minimum.

Ive got one of them XP power chargecoolers,looks quite good for the money,bosch high flow 13.5 litres a min water pump (dont think this will be sufficient?)and have found a company in the states that do all the charge cooler tanks ect and looks identical to bills!

http://www.bellintercoolers.com/

Now they have been in making coolers for some time and now there sh*t! and recommended for street applications to run a intercooler rather than a charge cooler?! but we all know the numbers that bill makes and that means it works,then again you can add ice to the tank in the rear... 8)

Help me make up my mind!!!!

Chargecooler, but i would say that :lol:

If my car was as pretty as yours i would not like to cut her up to fit a intercooler :lol:

Do you know what your charge temps are Shaun? say on boost?

edit..Also i would not have to relocate the battery into the boot.

Chargecooler, but i would say that :lol:

If my car was as pretty as yours i would not like to cut her up to fit a intercooler :lol:

Do you know what your charge temps are Shaun? say on boost?

edit..Also i would not have to relocate the battery into the boot.

Highest temp its been was on JKM rollers after a power run which was 40 deg , its never above 8-10 Deg above atmosphere

on the open road. It helps removing fogs and putting in ducts :D

Get that Battery in the boot, where it belongs :lol:

i understand the dilema your having James, but i'm 95% sure that both dave, and alex (lizardracing) are both using the PWR barrel chargecoolers without tanks in the boot?? and daves charger outlet pipe is cold to the touch even after a long hard thrash 8)

i will be putting my heat exchanger behind the passengers side foglight (that i will be taking out) and also using a 9" spal fan for extra cooling. also i'm using an r32 external water pump, and that is flowing at 19 litres a minute.

just my thoughts mate.

karl

That temps are more like it! There are alloy fuel tanks on ebay for £70 quid and they will fit 19mm alloy pipe in any place instead of fuel line,that would make a good size tank,and i was thinking of running cooper water lines under the car instead of rubber as this should also dissipate the heat quite well?

This is the XS power cooler,not bad for ££89 delivered from the states! Shame about the XS power all over it.. :?

How much fluid does Bills unit shift a min?

DSCN1194.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

i understand the dilema your having James, but i'm 95% sure that both dave, and alex (lizardracing) are both using the PWR barrel chargecoolers without tanks in the boot?? and daves charger outlet pipe is cold to the touch even after a long hard thrash 8)

i will be putting my heat exchanger behind the passengers side foglight (that i will be taking out) and also using a 9" spal fan for extra cooling. also i'm using an r32 external water pump, and that is flowing at 19 litres a minute.

just my thoughts mate.

karl

Them barrell coolers are very well designed and dont seem to require large amounts of fluid to cool them,unlike The Schimmel cooler which needs a large tank! Ive also got a R32 pump mate,what is your part number on the side as i thought they were only rated for 13.3 litres a min? mabey i should chuck it in a bucket to find out :lol:

you joke about the chucking it in a bucket James, but that is what i did. it emptied a normal sized bucket faster than i could sink a pint :lol:

i was thinking of running cooper water lines under the car instead of rubber as this should also dissipate the heat quite well

That's a good plan, wonder if you could solder some fins to them in a radiator core stylee? Only problem could be if you're sat stationary on a hot motorway in traffic in the middle of the summer, they could absorb heat as well as they dissipate it. Spose silver paint would help slightly...

As for the tank, could you not built a model out of cardboard to get the shape and knock up a metal one yourself? You seem pretty good with your hands if you're building the inlet mani.

Maybe even make it out of the 4" tube?