CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

lovely work, loving the new block and the fresh fastners.

by the way - isn't it about time you bought a quaife for it!?!....

with the 4wd next year mate... :grin:

sod! - can't wait to see that buddy :D

judging by the time it takes you to sort most things out and wher you work, i'm guessing you'll have that done in an afternoon! :D

love it![/quote:2f3brwp2]

It will take me a year to get hold of the bits,but im not going down the rally floor pan but rather like Coxy and custom build the boot floor! But it will be done!!

James that is just awesome. Can't say i'm not jealous though... 8) Some of those shots remind me of my block when it was out.

Cheers Hasan,glad to see yours is up and running :tongue:

Have you not finshed this little job yet... :? Your standards are slipping!

Seriously though, good work, bet you cant wait to get it back on the road! Even if it is only a 2.8 now :lol: Just kidding, I'm only running a 2.8 now, but it does have 12 more valves than yours :p

he he he

Think that spinny snail thing might mean yours is a bit quicker though... :(

Cheers Chris,but it was down to the powder coating that held me up! :? but it only cost a tenner !! and as for the snail it will make it a tad quicker.... :tongue:

lovely work, loving the new block and the fresh fastners.

Cheers Zak,but you hardley see any of it when its all back together !! :( but at least it looks good from underneath ha!

and ive just got it finished working on the car tonight at 10:30 and it started the old girl up, warmed up and leak free ! whooo! :grin: need to get some sleep im fooked...... :sleeping:

Hmm dont know :scratch: untill i sort out the managment i wont push it at all,so around 800 mile of under 3k should do it......will i survive driving around like that? ha ha :cuckoo:

Picture002.jpg

Love how big the turbot looks in that picture. :)

Looks top notch James, are you planning on going to any shows this year? Id like to have a good look round your setup.

Cheers Toad,it looks bigger off the car :lol:

Looks top notch James, are you planning on going to any shows this year? Id like to have a good look round your setup.

Cheers Mate,the only show i go to is Harewood house in leads its the closest up Norf :tongue:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I want MY engine bay to look like that!! Its going to be ages though as need a job, then need to save! :(

that looks all business. :D

pls don't blow it up.

:wink:

Cheers Mate,i will try not to this time :lol:

don't need to say any more!

Thanks Dave :wink: and this time i will take your advise and not push it untill managment,fule pumps and exhaust is sorted :lol:

Stunning, James, but then again nothig less was expected. Would love to see this some time, although you are a fair few miles up north from London.

Hi,

Great conversion looks great hope it lasts this time. Been reading this thread with interest as I am starting a homemade turbo conversion soon. I am starting on the inlet manifold first and I am just getting the parts together. Just wondering what the pipe was at the bottom of the new inlet manifold.

Ian

Hi,

Great conversion looks great hope it lasts this time. Been reading this thread with interest as I am starting a homemade turbo conversion soon. I am starting on the inlet manifold first and I am just getting the parts together. Just wondering what the pipe was at the bottom of the new inlet manifold.

Ian

The silver pipe with the blue ends is the fuel rail, and the braided hose going into it is a fuel line :salute:

Hi,

Ian

the pipe coming off the bottom of the inlet manifold is a vacuum pipe going to the brake servo if remember correctly (without looking back through all the posts to find out) - i remember because i asked about it, being curious as to it being a vacuum pipe, yet being connected to something that would be receiving forced induction (if that's what you're asking as well.....)

in a nutshell james explained that being as most of the time it would still be under negative pressure then it would still work fine :)

Stunning, James, but then again nothig less was expected. Would love to see this some time, although you are a fair few miles up north from London.

Mabey we will meet at a show or something at some point,but would like to put names to faces so might do some south shows this year :tongue:

Hi,

Ian

If you are refering to the pipe in the centre at the base of the manifold,its for the idle valve mate,the one on the right side is for the servo.

Good luck with the conversion mate,it will be worth it in the end... :wink:

DSCN1399.jpg

Thats the one, thanks for that. I am hoping it will be worth it, was looking at supercharged 24v but decided against it.

cheers Ian

Mabey we will meet at a show or something at some point,but would like to put names to faces so might do some south shows this year :tongue:

Hi,

Ian

If you are refering to the pipe in the centre at the base of the manifold,its for the idle valve mate,the one on the right side is for the servo.

Good luck with the conversion mate,it will be worth it in the end... :wink:

DSCN1399.jpg

oh yeah - cheers for pointing that out - looks like i was being a muppet :?

I see it as a cause of a boost leak. In the couple of VRT cars I have tuned the ISV was always causing issues. Pulled it and it ran great.

The car will idle just fine and you can use the idle set screw on the TB to adjust the idle.

I know a few other people that have come across the same thing I have also.

judging by the look of his pistons b4 I really don't think he has an issue with boost leak.

The car was boosting just fine.

:)