Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

attention G60 owners

this might be all ready know but thought id post it,

whilst doing the heater matrix today and general tidying up under the bonnet i ran it up and noticed some smoke, quickly turnd of and had a nose about, i noticed that the fuel pressure reg on the injector rail furthest side away from cambelt. there was a small pipe about 6inchs ish that kind of bends round of the injector rail to some sort of switch, i muct have knocked this and it was driping fuel out onto my inlet manifold and exhaust manifold,

i replaced the pipe and used two new jubilee clips and its sorted the problem i hope.

just thought id let people know if they didnt all ready,

Ive previously had this hose leak and on a seperate occasion come off (luckily engine was cold)

It seems like a very silly place to put a fuel hose - somewhere that if it leaks it drips onto the exhaust manifold!

Mine was a problem with the jubilee clips, looked like they had kept being tightened and in the end they went out of shape, well worth replacing them with new.

Just to add to this - make sure you either use VW hose or good quality 'ribbed' fuel injection hose that is made to be bent like that, genuine hose clips also a very good idea...

I'd also recommend you change the other 2 fuel pies (also 15 years old) as they also start to perish at the clips...

The two feed hose only go back to the plastic (and totally reliable) lines on the inner wing but they are silly money at £40.91 for the feed and £29.16 for the return. Slightly off topic I know but the feed hose for a Golf 2 PB engine has now gone obsolete but you can use the G60 one, although how long before that goes obsolete and we have to make do with off the roll pipe which needs to be run a lot further to take the curvature and seems to perish far quicker?