Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Goldies Mk2 Valver - SOLD....

Well after a little spell of looking around heres the one i went for, it came up at E38 and ill be collecting it on Saturday..

Shes an F plate, oak green , 3 door 16 valve GTI with PAS and electric windows, the car is standard apart from a steering wheel which apparently dates from the time of manufacture, ill post a pic up when i get it, personally i think its horrible but some say to the right person it may be worth something. She also comes with a shed load of history, only draw backs are a couple of little oil leaks, a cracked windscreen and the MFA doesnt work, tbh nothing too unsavoury..

Just like to say big thanks to the guys with MK2 knowledge who had a good look around (Martin and Gav)...

Anyway, photos - tow bar will be going straight away..

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

I was waiting for that Andy, honestly i have some massive plans for the Corrado in the new year so there arent any for the Golf, the wheels arent pleasent though, some tinted light, decked, VR etc would be nice... :)

Exactly Jon, i really dont wanto use the Rado during the winter as it just undoes all the work ive put it, its going to make it feel that bit more special when she comes out of the garage next April..

Looking good michael! I knew you would get it as soon as i saw you looking round it. And you now know what i mean when i say you take how the corrado drives for granted, old golfs (and especially polos :shock:) aren't very nice to drive really, they are sufficient and with mods can handle like they are on rails but generally not so nice, get back in the corrado and it feels like a new car! It felt awesome driving my rado at the weekend after not driving it for just a few weeks!

Atleast you have got a good colour so in the future if you do decide to start tinkering you know its going to clean up well and look pretty smart!!

Cool! Std MK2 Coke Bottle top alloys! Old Skool Man :lol: Even the wiper is the wrong way round! Looks pretty solid though, Those F-platers can be a twat for rust round the tailgates especially!

BTW the wheel dun look like this does it:

597293_7.jpg

If so it's fairly rare and pretty cool in a valver IMO!

Thats the wheel in question Steve, it is solid, there is a slight bit of rust above the windscreen but nowt rediculous, the tailgate suprisingly is fine and the underneath and engine bay areas look decent..

Really! Cool As Shizzle :D It's made by italvolanti, If my C was still a valver I'd bite your arm off! Glad to hear it's pretty solid, Wicked Colour Too, May I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for it????

Plus I have a rare as rocking horse poo interior that would go really well in it.....if you're interested???

You may be cheeky, with 6 months Tax and full 12 months MOT she was a grand..

Whats the interior, piccies??

It's in my garage at the mo, Will take a couple of piccies during the week, I'm pretty sure you won't find another like this though :D

Good price, nice tidy car, I'll have to send you 2 stickers now 8)

If you can get two that would be sweet, shame there wasnt one in the Rado at the weekend, she came runner up in the Corrado class so would have been good advertising...

If the wheel is rare you do realise ill end up keeping it, keen to see some photos..

Nice buy :D

I'm sure the wheels and back lights are wong though - 1988/1989 oak green Golf's were 'Campaign Editions' (I have a black 1988 8v Campaign), so it should have come with Le Castellet wheels and half smoked rear lights. Has it got rainbow trim interior and a folder which says 'A Golf in 10 Million'?

Nice car. Always thought oak green was a facelift mk2 colour. You live and learn. Might be able to help you out with a screen if its a job you can diy. Nearly new top tint currently in my mk2. Got The half smoked tail lights too. maybe another vr you say?

Nice buy :D

I'm sure the wheels and back lights are wong though - 1988/1989 oak green Golf's were 'Campaign Editions' (I have a black 1988 8v Campaign), so it should have come with Le Castellet wheels and half smoked rear lights. Has it got rainbow trim interior and a folder which says 'A Golf in 10 Million'?

It hasnt got rainbow seats, not sure about the folder, ill post some pics of the interior up and let you know when i get it on saturday.. Id quite like some of the smoked rear lights, the orange ones dont look too crash hot..

Might be able to help you out with a screen if its a job you can diy. Nearly new top tint currently in my mk2. Got The half smoked tail lights too. maybe another vr you say?

If you have a screen and its cheap id be interested, spoke to Dan last night and he reckons its straight forward, new seal is 15 quid.. Pm me some prices for it and the lights for collection and ill let you know.... As for a VR, i know im silly, could be a good time to find out just how silly..

Always liked the oak greens, still think this is a bargin and the way you look after cars I am sure you will be asking for more than 1k for it when it goes.

Had a good look round this with you, well worth the money, should make a good daily.

Appreciated the help Graham, i bet the guy who im getting it from was thinking id brought an army of helpers, the more eyes the better TBH..

Always liked the oak greens, still think this is a bargin and the way you look after cars I am sure you will be asking for more than 1k for it when it goes.

Cheers Yan, im looking forward to getting the keys, itll be getting the full engine bay, underneath, wheel, interior and panel treatment that the Rado does so i can see exactly what its like, i do reakon itll polish up well. I know there are a few spots of light rust but im not too worried about those at the moment..

Do you want to throw it up on some ramps to have a proper poke around?

We'll talk about it when you pop up I guess. Also if you want to get all the servicing clobber, it shouldn't take us half hour or so...

GSF Beru leads are good, and the Bosch Yyttrium plugs are spot on too.

this was an absolute steal michael, and like andy said the steering wheel is very rare. just keep it standard though, as they are getting very rare in an un-molested state.

sounds good, i was going to buy this one as well. probably a good thing you got there first (my driveway would look like a vw dealership if i did) for a grand you cant go wrong! be nice to see it sometime!

Aye sounds like a plan, ill be in touch over the next few days to sort that out, we need to get to Martins, how does Sunday grab you??

this was an absolute steal michael, and like andy said the steering wheel is very rare. just keep it standard though, as they are getting very rare in an un-molested state.

Cheers Karl, ill try my best to leave it alone, there are no plans, i think you know whats gonna keep me busy in th near future.. :)

sounds good, i was going to buy this one as well. probably a good thing you got there first (my driveway would look like a vw dealership if i did) for a grand you cant go wrong! be nice to see it sometime!

Nice one Dan, you seem determined to buy every VW.. :) Mini meet next week, itll be there..

Aye sounds like a plan, ill be in touch over the next few days to sort that out, we need to get to Martins, how does Sunday grab you??

Yeah, that works for me. I'm at Romsey show on saturday selling animal houses.... You still want the steering wheel?