Sign in to follow this  
Anton Sobriquet

Which Optima Yellow Top

Need a new battery so I thought I may as well get one of these. Can anyone tell me which one I should get? D34 or D31 are 55Ah and 75Ah, respectively. Thought of getting the 75Ah D31 but I'm not sure whether it will fit OK.

What sort of money will I be parting with? Any recommended suppliers? I found Tayna online @ http://www.tayna.co.uk/catalog/115/0/Optima-Batteries-Optima-Yellow-Top-Batteries-page1.html

Has anyone experience with these and can point me in the right direction, please?

im using one on my G60. Without digging it out of the shed, i THINK its the 75 version. but i did find that you need to extend the battery cables as mine were not long enough to fix onto the terminals. also it was slightly wider so i had to modify the battery clamp, by making the hole bigger. Amazing batteries. seem to last forever and start the car straight away with nearly no cranking at all! think i got mine off ebay. they use them alot in Land rovers i think.

Great. I'll get one off eBay then. Interestingly, I spotted Tayna in the eBay listing selling the D34 £32 cheaper than on their own site. Hmmm.........

How did you extend the battery cables? Do you need to fit new, longer ones or can you extend the originals?

i just bodged on some new battery terminals and cables (as i was going to pull the engine out for a respray and rebuild). you can get them from halfords and other auto factors. they only need to be 5-6 inches long, but in the long term id suggest extending your cables properly, using proper joins, or even better pull it all out and start again with fresh new cables....