Sign in to follow this  
diamondblack

"Crap Corrados R Us" + Six-wheeled Corrado...

More crapism for connoisseurs of crapology everywhere.

corradobeyondbelief2.jpg

corradobeyondbelief3.jpg

corradobeyondbelief.jpg

corradobeyondbelief4.jpg

There is something so brain-twangingly twisted about this that I think it goes all the way around the dark side of sanity, sits in a room flipping its bottom lip, and then comes out the other side and actually becomes a work of genius. Albeit by someone you clearly wouldn

It's not really fair to include the first one of those, as it's a silhouette race car raced in the National Hot Rod Championships. In fact if you see one in the metal they're quite decent looking (for a plastic hotrod)

John

Mate of mine has a German girlfriend who was horrified when I said I was going to buy a Corrado. Apparently, in Germany they're the equivalent of a Nova or Corsa - ie. a proper chav car! :D

Mate of mine has a German girlfriend who was horrified when I said I was going to buy a Corrado. Apparently, in Germany they're the equivalent of a Nova or Corsa - ie. a proper chav car! :D

is she hairy? :lol:

John, in the interests of fairness I've looked again at the first one... and it's still crap. Especially for a hot rod; I mean, just think what you could do: Fifties style flames airbrushed down the wings. Baby blue just won't do.

Still, it would probably burn up well.

Alexander wrote:Mate of mine has a German girlfriend who was horrified when I said I was going to buy a Corrado. Apparently, in Germany they're the equivalent of a Nova or Corsa - ie. a proper chav car! :D

Hmmm... yeah the German's go in for some interesting mods on the Corrado and don't seem to like the original look like us...

...and yeah, we saw some hairy beasts out there...

Did you get turned down by any of them Steve? Bet they were't as nice looking as me...

Alexander wrote:Mate of mine has a German girlfriend who was horrified when I said I was going to buy a Corrado. Apparently, in Germany they're the equivalent of a Nova or Corsa - ie. a proper chav car! :D

Hmmm... yeah the German's go in for some interesting mods on the Corrado and don't seem to like the original look like us...

Jim poolside? ;)

John, in the interests of fairness I've looked again at the first one... and it's still crap. Especially for a hot rod; I mean, just think what you could do: Fifties style flames airbrushed down the wings. Baby blue just won't do.

Still, it would probably burn up well.

Its not a hotrod as in boyd/chip style, but its a custom built car to race only.

This looks slightly better (if the windows were detinted and the bean tin pipes were canned and the Lexus rears binned and the cheese grater mesh given the heave ho...). But there's no way my retarded photoshop 'skills' could get near any of the others. You're on your own...

CORRADOx.jpg

John, in the interests of fairness I've looked again at the first one... and it's still crap.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL!

Doesn't take much to get you pissing your pants does it?

This looks slightly better (if the windows were detinted and the bean tin pipes were canned and the Lexus rears binned and the cheese grater mesh given the heave ho...). But there's no way my retarded photoshop 'skills' could get near any of the others. You're on your own...

CORRADOx.jpg

yup, ditch all the Heath Robinson style bolt ons... and the car would look pretty damned good in orange!

John, in the interests of fairness I've looked again at the first one... and it's still crap.

Probably not if you don't find it all that funny. But then I don't see that there's anything wrong with that. You have to admit, the way it's worded, it is a little bit funny. Even if you didn't find it as funny as me. :wink:

Erm, can't really confirm that, I'm afraid.

It is generally true that Germans just like to mod their cars more so than folk do in Britain (certainly true for outwards mods), irrespective of car brand and type. That's why i can't confirm that in D the C is perceived as a chav car, on the contrary: My parents' neighbours each time I turn up in my C, want me to sell it to them. They're in their late 50s and certainly no chavs. The C enjoys a similar status in D as it does here, it's very much admired by peeps in the know. Yes, you also get some tw*ts modding the crap out of the C, but that's the case in almost any country where you still find Corrados.

Tempest

You're most likely correct, it just amused me that the first response she had was one of horror! I assured her my C, when I eventually get one, will be in all it's standard, unmodified glory!

I think you've misread that. It's actually a cry for help: Pass Me Some Laxative.

But he/she is right. It's all in the word order. The initial 'in the interests of fairness' suggests a reasonable reassessement, which is then immediately subverted with 'it's still crap'.

But, having said all that... I think I may have been too harsh on the first Corrado considering that it is a race car. So, looking at it again I can see why it would need to look like that - the rear wing for high speed stability, the body kit for feeding air around the larger wheels needed for greater traction, the suspension lowered for keener cornering, and the baby blue paintwork to grab attention and promote sponsorship logos.

Yeah.

still crap, though