Sign in to follow this  
a98pmalcolm

1.9 Big Bore or 16V G60 HELP???

hay people. Ok im still quite new to the VW scene so im not sure which engine will be better and faster for my G60. I have 2 different options im lookin at:

1. Boring out the 8v engine to a 1.9 with uprated Cam, Crank, pistons, conrods full rebuild....or....

2. 16v Conversion.

Im more intreeged at the 1.9 big bore becuase im doin a BBM Screw Compressor supercharger upgrade soon and the BBM stage 5 upgrade kit comes with the single cam designed for the BBM charger.

Could u guys let me know what u think and that would be great.

Thanks

Paul

:)

why dont you do both?? ive got a 2.016vG60 and im using a BBM charger on mine. a 1.916v conversion would probably be cheaper than a 2.0 and you can probably get the same power from it (all depends on how refined the engine is). at least then you wont always wonder 'what if i did the 16v conversion?' or 'what if i did the 1.9 conversion instead?'

I went BBM screw charger, 1.9, big valve head, piper 285, intercooler, it made 260bhp and 250 lb/ft to give you an idea.

Never gone 16vG60 but plenty on here are in the middle of doing it, the 1.9 will make it rev harder and freely which i like but im sure the 16v will do the same.

Is it possible to do both a 1.9 16vG60?

Damn you Dan i knew you were going to beat me to it :lol:

He is 1 of those who i say is doing it now. Go on fella :)

I went BBM screw charger, 1.9, big valve head, piper 285, intercooler, it made 260bhp and 250 lb/ft to give you an idea.

Never gone 16vG60 but plenty on here are in the middle of doing it, the 1.9 will make it rev harder and freely which i like but im sure the 16v will do the same.

Is it possible to do both a 1.9 16vG60?

I believe g6016v's engine was a 1940cc pg block.

As far as i know that involves a crank change as well as a bore out to achieve 1940cc.

Just a rebore to 83mm will get approx 1870cc