Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

NIce one well done Jude. Reminds me of my Dad when he took his 1986 Morgan it only has 19k on and the mot took about 15 mins :lol:

The 8v has had a sticking caliper for a while so I've decided to give the whole lot a full overhaul....

Kip is gonna be busy but he says he likes doing brakes :lol:

They look good Judith 8)

Has almost inspired me to paint up and fit my 288's and mk4 rears. Think I will have another beer first tho.... :grin:

8) thanks.

I wont pretend they were cheap but hopefully once all this lot are on, with braided hoses, they will not give me any problems (or cause to worry come MOT time) for years.... I wonder how long the rest of the car will hold out for??? :lol:

Sooooo looking forward to fitting them :ignore: :lol:

:lol: Such a nice job :gag:

Nawwww, BiggRed refurb. Bit of overkill for the 8v but, once it's all done, I shouldn't have to worry about brakes and MOTs for years...

But only the carriers are fitted as yet as the 11mm nut beat 'us' as the weekend. Lots of WD40 a week before, proper brake spanners and even a blow torch but they wouldn't budge. I've not impossed on any more of Kips time and taken the car to our local for the final calipers and braided hoses.

they are indeed black but easy on the eye for a daily and easy to blast clean with a brush & hose pipe :grin:

nice work, good to see a few females geting dirty.

Nothing wrong with a bit of dirt in the right places.

And while I'm posting in my members gallery I've been doing a bit more work on each C.

8v had lenses from my 'old' 60k mile headlights on the Storm put on in place of the 8vs 145k miles badly pitted ones. Hopefully I'll see better, especially when I get a DG headlight loom.

But, I wish I hadn't lost the retaining spring clip from the 4 pin connector!!! Prizing it off it went 'Ping', way up into the air and I didn't see where it landed... Spent hours crawling round the drive and flower bed but given up and used a paperclip and 'tricians tape this evening :) 8)

Then for the Storm I've been preping a few bits for blasting / coating and delivered them to Batchglow this morning. Kip has a pic of me with a power tool from last night but hasn't loaded it anywhere :nono:

2 new (yep new :cuckoo: ) wishbones.... even extra plasticoat paint layers on new ones don't keep them looking good for very long so I'm getting them the nylon coating

1 anti roll bar (the bit I was attacking witha power tool, getting the paint off the bubbleing areas to see what was underneath before handing over for full blasting)

I've already taken the nylon coated subframe down to DG (see page 15) and I will be getting it all fitted in a few weeks. 8)

2 new (yep new :cuckoo: ) wishbones.... even extra plasticoat paint layers on new ones don't keep them looking good for very long so I'm getting them the nylon coating

1 anti roll bar (the bit I was attacking witha power tool, getting the paint off the bubbleing areas to see what was underneath before handing over for full blasting)

I've already taken the nylon coated subframe down to DG (see page 15) and I will be getting it all fitted in a few weeks. 8)

so whats the advantage of the nylon coating over powder coating...??

great work, have my work cut out over winter trying to keep up...!!! :salute:

Nylon has better protective properties than powder coating as you can actually hit it with a hammer and it just bounces off :lol: dont think powder coating is quite so tough.

From Batchglows website.

http://www.batchglow.co.uk/index.html

More detail on the description page for each finish but this is the overview.

Polyester Powder Coating

Polyester powder coating is the most commonly applied coating. The hard, abrasion-resistant properties of the coatings are based on polyester resin which is cured at a high temperature, providing a superior smooth surface that is resistant to colour fade in direct sunlight.

60-100 microns is typical.

Nylon Powder Coating

Nylon powder coatings are glossy and tough, with outstanding adhesion and superb resistance to solvents and oils. The non-contaminatory nature of nylon coatings lends itself to food manufacturing industries, whilst the thickness of coating enables it to be applied to most metal surfaces. Typical applications are inside public service vehicles, stadium seating, disabled vehicles and underneath a Mystic Blue Corrado

100- 150 microns is typical for an electrostatic application.

From Batchglows website.

http://www.batchglow.co.uk/index.html

More detail on the description page for each finish but this is the overview.

Polyester Powder Coating

Polyester powder coating is the most commonly applied coating. The hard, abrasion-resistant properties of the coatings are based on polyester resin which is cured at a high temperature, providing a superior smooth surface that is resistant to colour fade in direct sunlight.

60-100 microns is typical.

Nylon Powder Coating

Nylon powder coatings are glossy and tough, with outstanding adhesion and superb resistance to solvents and oils. The non-contaminatory nature of nylon coatings lends itself to food manufacturing industries, whilst the thickness of coating enables it to be applied to most metal surfaces. Typical applications are inside public service vehicles, stadium seating, disabled vehicles and underneath a Mystic Blue Corrado

100- 150 microns is typical for an electrostatic application.

with it being thicker is there any issue on fitment of certain parts...?

with it being thicker is there any issue on fitment of certain parts...?

I think you could say.. errr.. yes. LOL.

I've asked DG if it's OK to get other bits done now that they know what is involved. I think Graham had to use his best tap and die set to recut threads in some things and he certainly had fun getting the paint off the stub axle faces....

I've struggled to get brake hard wire clips & handbrake cable clips onto the retaining studs etc but it does all go on in the end.

1.jpg[/attachment:2y0brwh3]

i need to get some bits nylon coated,looks spanky,wonder what they'd charge for a set of wheels :)

an maybe some spare g60 bits :)

Just down the road from you, very handy. Though I'm not sure they are a wheel type of place :?

Why weren't the stub axle faces masked off before being coated?

Yeah, was going to say they should have and also the holes where the bushes go - also all the threaded bits should have been left, easiest way to do this is to leave bolts in the holes / nuts on threads.

Why weren't the stub axle faces masked off before being coated?

Yeah, was going to say they should have and also the holes where the bushes go - also all the threaded bits should have been left, easiest way to do this is to leave bolts in the holes / nuts on threads.

Looks really good though the nylon and like you say powder coat is good but can crack etc - just need to find a place round here to do Nylon.