Sign in to follow this  
golf301

HELP!!!! seized crank pulley bolts on my G60

hi all!

please please please can someone help me with my seized bolt problem?

i have only had my G60 for a few months and i bought it from scotland. i have all the service history but wanted to get the cam belt done just for my own piece of mind.when i removed the inner whell arch cover i noticed that the bolt heads were a touch on the oxidised side! when i put the allen key in the head of the bolts just crumbled. this really begs the question of how long ago was the cambelt actually changed last!!!! has anyone got any ideas as i am now left with a car i cant use!

thanks guys :(

drill the heads off is there that damaged. Remove the pulleys then use a pair of nippex pliers to turn the left over bolts out. It sould only take 30mins or so to sort out.

ok.

the bolt heads are completely trashed so wont be able to put any other size bit in or over the heads.

if the drill thing is easy to do then that is what i will do

thank you very much for the advice all.

i have owned and worked on loads of mk1s and mk2s but this is my 1st G60 and am a bit spooked by it all cos is quite a bit different!!!

drill the heads off is there that damaged. Remove the pulleys then use a pair of nippex pliers to turn the left over bolts out. It sould only take 30mins or so to sort out.

Listen to him :wink:

Irwin bolt drips matey, got me out of a lot of trouble with corroded hex bolts on the Corrado.

If they don't work, then out with the drill!

I would have to give the third vote to the Irwin bolt grippers, cheap and very effective!!

get a set, then buy new pulley bolts from VW.

I had exactly the same problem on my G60 when I first got her :-(