Sign in to follow this  
Crasher

A customers car

I posted about this car a while back as he was going to sell it after thousands of £'s spent but he decided to keep it and we have just finished the paint. The wheels are going to change to 16" RH MG Concept.

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfabove.pdf[/attachment:ec4fa]ept.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdffront.pdf[/attachment:ec4fa]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfside.pdf[/attachment:ec4fa]

rear.pdf[/attachment:ec4fa]

Looks absolutely immaculate! Really really nice!

The only thing I suspect that will suffer first is the painted chin spoiler.. painted ones always take a real pasting! :(

Did not know you guys did bodywork and paint, etc..?

Very perceptive of you, that is the second spoiler since it came out of paint. The original 90-mm unit lasted from the paint shop (we use three different companies for different types of work) to our shop which is about 1.5 miles and it was hammered by all the speed bumps. That is a new genuine 50-mm item with soft face additive in the paint to help reduce the acne.

Yeah - looks stunning and very modern looking!

My personal opinion is that the painted front splitter is taking the colour coding a bit too far altho I would blend and paint the plastic bits round the mirrors ideally for a modern look...

I really hate bloody In-Pros too - IMO they ruin an otherwise mint car- they simply just don't fit well especially on a late car, the poor fit makes the front looks messy and the boot looks like it's not shut.... a shame becuase I know the work that's gone into this will be second to none but you can only work with what your given...

Only other thing i'd do is fit the late MK1 TT Aero wipers, brings it bang up to date and they work when it rains!