Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

EIP Tuning Inlet Manifold

Hey all, was just hoping for a little advice on this.

At some point before long I will be doing an engine rebuild on my VR6-no expense spared i.e. forged internals, new big valve ported/polished head, cams etc etc.

Basically has anyone got any experience with the EIP inlet manifold from the states? I'm not really fussed about paying the extra for the Schrick, but the EIP looks just as good (claimed to be better by EIP) and you can get to the plugs much more easily.

Anyone with any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks all for your time

(If you want a link to look at said item then here you go...)

http://www.eiptuning.com/ecomm/products.php?cat=37

AFAIK it's just a flowed normal intake, and not a VGI.

If money is no real object, then the VW VSR is what you want.

US corrados are 2.8 and have a narrow neck inlet manifold but us in the UK have the 2.9 Inlet manifolds with the wideneck,so all EIP are doing is cutting the 2.8's open and making them as large as the stock 2.9's

So you dont need one 8)

Its bold to claim that much from just a stock maniflod,so dont expect it :lol:

Also..Eip have gone/going bust....to the best of my knowledge.

Give them a call anyway as theyre selling off all stock, so you may get a good deal.

Hold out for a Schrick as they do come up for the right money occasionally, I played the waiting game and ended up buying one from German Ebay for just over £700. Well worth the wait in my opinion.

Hold out for a Schrick as they do come up for the right money occasionally, I played the waiting game and ended up buying one from German Ebay for just over £700. Well worth the wait in my opinion.

Just looked on Ebay UK and there's a Schrick with two days to go currently at £330 or so

Sos no links. just know of various pple that have paid for parts, not got them, tried contacting Eip and been told what i said.

Plus my Turbo kit was missing an oil cooler, they never sent another one after 4 months of being asked to.

Many people have been reporting bad customer service from EIP, and that's over in the States. If you're across the pond, I imagine they'll look at you and see a freebie.

It sucks that you guys get the 2.9L manifolds (what the EIP copied) but at least we get the Schricks for cheap :lol:

...which is what I'd rather save my pennies for BTW.

Cheers for your help gents - most appreciated.

Was looking at some previous threads etc and im pretty much set on the schrick.

Last question - im actually a pretty competent mechanic but unfortunately i dont have an in depth knowledge on corrados, so.......

please could somebody educate me as to the difference between the obd1 and obd 2 manifold options. apologies for my ignorance :oops:

my corrado by the way is on a k plate - 1993 with the red vr badge (with the higher rev limit)

anyway once again - cheers for your help

Complete waste of time that EIP manifold.

Gather up all the 2.9 manifolds you can find and ship them over to the states, they'll break your arm off for them as they are convinced they are better.

They aren't.

The restrictive intake and throttle fitted to the OBD2 engine gives much better results. Induction tuning 101.....speed up gas flow, gives you torque. Slow it down, gives you revs.

And yep, EIP are going down the pan.

They got too big and forgot about Customer service.

please could somebody educate me as to the difference between the obd1 and obd 2 manifold options.

Corrados dont have OBD2 just OBD 1 which has an 1" diameter pipe on the side of the inlet manifold for the idle valve.

OBD2 manifolds have a stepa - motor and does away with idle valve hence there is no 1" pipe on the side.

and yes the holes are different

What's your take on the 2.8L intake/TB setup Kevin, I'd like to hear a different opinion other than what I hear over here. I know that you're running the 2.8L TB. For a N/A setup would you mind giving your impressions of the two? How about when a Schrick comes into play, I'm thinking it would work better if it's mated to a 2.9L TB.

I've tried bored 2.9 and 2.8 throttles (2mm bigger diameter plate) and also standard 2.9 and 2.8 throttles on all sorts of different manifolds! In my experience bored throttles work best with forced induction and NA engines are better with the standard bore. Whether you use a 2.8 or 2.9 is down to personal preference. The 2.9 has a very heavy action (mimic's the 2.8's ramp) but the same plate diameter as the 2.8.

I prefer the 2.8 manifold as speeds up gas flow for bottom end, but again it's personal tastes.