Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

What's your Corrado worth to you?

I'm not planning on selling, so is very difficult to say, I paid 5k, but would want more

Means everything to me. Love driving it (most of the time) and im not selling it at the moment anyway. Ive had it over three years now

exactly, so would be near on impossible to but a price on it, as I'm not going to sell :)

Thera

To me, mines worth £8,500

btw, its not for sale either... I hope to have it in 20yrs time ...probably take it to vintage rallies in 2025 :lol:

Cash value to get another one to the same standard as mine will be when it's finished will be about £12K! :shock:

It's worth SOOOOOOO much more than that to me though as I'll have done pretty much all of the work myself, specc'd up most of it myself and it's given (and hopefully will continue to give) me more pleasure and fun than the money could ever have done... 8) OK, it's also caused me it's fair share of headaches and heartache, but even that's significantly less than some of my ex-girlfriends! :lol:

I'm planning to keep my car as a "daily driver" for another year, well at least untill I finish uni and get my first proper well paid job!!!!!!!!

Then the good times really start! It will be garaged and made into an absoultly mint example of a standard VW icon that it is. I don't think that a Golf gti G60 will depreciate any more than £3000 really and then it should start to rise for mint examples. So its an investment that I would have to be in big financial trouble to get rid of. Return it to standard form (maybe) but make it into a syncro!!

As for my daily driver to replace it corrado :lol: , mk4 1.8t Golf, R32, don't laught but a Boxster!!! :oops: :oops:

Then there would hopefully be room at my mansion :lol: for an old mk1 old skool stlyeee project car! You no the score, chrome bumpers, throtle bodies, small rear lights, etc!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a DREAM!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has gone slighty off topic, sorry. ohh :o and I would have to have a fully equipped garage to work on my growing colection of VW's!!!!!!!! :D :D

To me, mine's transport and something to fiddle with at the weekend!

The only thing that gets me going about the Corrado are it's looks and handling. The rest is mediocre in my opinion.

Kev

if i had to put it up for sale(which like others i have no intention of doing)i wouldn't take less than £7.5k for mine...........not that i'm saying £7.5k is the "market" or "book" value just what i would let my go for :wink:

Well, I paid just over £3000 for mine, but it's mint, and it took a lot of finding, and a 500mile round trip to get, not to mention 3 weeks of looking at sh1te cars.

I don't intend to sell it for quite some time.....I love it to bits now, even as standard, and it's only going to get better with time.

I think that just goes to show how good the Corrado actually is.

Phat's come from some seriously modded dubs to a 2.0 8v; considered by some to be the...erm...weakest engined Corrado available and he loves it to bits. Ok, so the engine is going to be removed and it's going to undergo some serious surgery but I still think it's a big credit to the C in general.

What's my C worth to me? It's priceless. What's it worth to others? Not sure - £5-6k? Irrelevent though as, even though I've considered it, I won't sell it for quite a long time.

there is not enough money in the world to buy mine :D

but on book there is no price for a nice standard looking 16v :p with hardly any mods :lol:

I'm not selling mine ether, but was just curious to what value others would put on their corrado's.

I'll be keeping mine for at least another year & a half. When the time comes, I expect it will be up around 5k

So true, iv'e gone form a modified VR6, to a 2.0 8v, and I still love it. That's how good the corrado is to drive. I really can't praise them enough.

Just don't tell everyone how good they are....they'll all want one! let skeep them to ourselves eh? :p

im actually thinking of selling mine.

not really any reason why, just time.

I got this thing about old cars n if i buy a house then thats the last chance to buy an old one im gonna have.

im thinkin'

porsche 944 turbo

Audi UR quattro

probly quicker than a quattro already though.

it seems a shame to sell it as it stands me at some dollar.

im actually thinking of selling mine.

not really any reason why, just time.

I got this thing about old cars n if i buy a house then thats the last chance to buy an old one im gonna have.

im thinkin'

porsche 944 turbo

Audi UR quattro

probly quicker than a quattro already though.

it seems a shame to sell it as it stands me at some dollar.

i've had both........in real-life conditions i rate the ur-quattro above the 944 turbo(tho admittedly i had the 220bhp 944 turbo)........what i'm saying is given the choice i would go for the ur-quattro everytime........on paper its 20bhp down on the proker but its near enough impossible to tell while driving.......the ur is just totally sublime :D :D :D .........the only reason i don't own one now though is cos of the missus knowing just how expensive things are if they go wrong on the ur :cry: :cry: :shock: thank god she hasn't heard about the C

Well, I've often thought about what I'll end up driving once my Storm finally goes over the hill but even tho it's 8 years old and has 80k on the clock it's still a super drive and (god I sound old saying this) pretty practical too so I'm stumped for a direct replacement. I suppose for me it might be a *spit* BMW M3 *spit* but it does come with a lot of unwanted stigma. I still don't know... What does everyone else think? Not that I'm planning on changing but u know, it's gotta happen one day...

So cmon peeps, what wheels could you see yourself in if the unthinkable happened?

I've been thinking about this recently as well....

If someone did come and offer me, say £8k for the car, I still don't think there's a car out there that I'd prefer to own for under £10k.