Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Finally Pulled for my German plates!

Well it had to happen some time... after almost 10k with them on i had the comforting sight of bright blue strobing lights pull me over last night driven by a sarky copper!

I knew exactly what it was about when he walked up to the passenger side window and asked 'hello sir would you mind getting out of the vehicle?... what do you think i've pulled you over for?'

He didn't seem to like the fact that the car or i wasnt german nor did he like the white plate on the back :-( i said very sorry officer they are my show plates and i forgot to take them off after the weekend, just told me to take them off and get in the back of the car [insert obvious joke]

I got a £30 fine and the plates confiscated which is fair enough i suppose as they're illegal but he confirmed that speed cameras and number plate recognition cameras dont pivk them up as english plates :lol: ... o and i made the mistake of leaving my hazards on and he started on about the rear indicators beign red... i just said it got through the mot like that, and they are standard... he believed me! :D O and he also said i was lucky as he has the power to inform the DVLA the number plate is beign misrepresented and they could reposses the plate... CNUT!

o well i'll just ahve to get some decent english plates made up now :( o and i'll be writing to the evidence locker to get my plates back now the fines been paid!

fair play to you.am tihnking of getting german style plates for my c,however will it b ok to use these? will hav front white and back yellow,or if im gona b cheeky get them both black but then im sure id get pulled for it!

Andy.. go with yellow/whites next time slightly less obvious..

Or ask Dubmeister if they'll do LT/PL plates.. then we can all drive around with complete immunity to being stopped!

Must admit I'm nervous about mine, but at least I have a set of smashed plates in the boot to show them! MAybe I should reomve the Stadt stickers to make them a little more "legal"? NAH....:lol:

Best of luck getting them back...

Think they maybe a plate crack down happening ATM as read somewhere else (ED?) that similar had happened to a guy with "Show" plates...

i think uk plates suit a uk car best? serves you right :lol:

do ze germans have uk style plates you reckon?

Heh quality.

No wonder the poles all drive like lunatics then, they are never going to get caught by a camera.

Heh quality.

No wonder the poles all drive like lunatics then, they are never going to get caught by a camera.

So that's why! Going on the number of Polish/lithuanian vehicle down i nthe fens, I'd imagine the speed camera revenue has dropped over the last two years :lol:

To be honest I can't see why the number plate recognition can't be recalibrated to work on all European plates. Its still an offence to speed, so why should none UK vehicles get away scott free??

Something to do with the font... hence the plate recognition not seeing it.. However on teh newer breed digital cameras if tehy cant Grab the number it's flagged for a manual operator to check.. so even if you go through on D-font plates if they see it's a RHD and UKish reg will run you through DVLA... So no escape there..

TBH even if they could read all plates as we're not linked to the other european databases and that looks unlikely... they still won't be able to do anything.

However the number of RHD PL/LT plated cars in east London's beginning to take the Pi$$....

id imagine its the same way americans run german front plates on german cars and english front plates on english cars to make them seem more authentic in the states where a front number plate isnt mandatory, theres always the argument that you shouldnt touch the car from when it leaves the factory, a car's just a car etc etc... we wouldnt be on here if we werent interested in keeping our beloved C's on the road and i'd say the vast majority on here have personalised their car in some way, so this was simpy my way of personalising my car to my tastes!

O and another thing... got back to my car tonight found it clamped... phoned the clampers they said they couldnt come out till the morning so i thought fuck it, let the tire down completely slid the clamp off and removed the wheel, seems it was chained between the wishbone and the hub so i took the tools out dropped the wishbone and was aout to slide the clamp off... just as the clampers decided to turn up after all and demand £105 and if i did not give them their money they would have it towed, they kept insisting then started thereatening me. I decided it was wisest to pay the fee as i was in a deserted corner of a station car park and didnt wanna chance myluck against the 2. I have just got back from the police station where i went to report indimidation and blackmail, they said they were within their rights to clamp it and charge their advtised fee, seeing as i had paid the fine he was willing to forget that i had told him i removed it as its an offence under the Road Traffic Act to remove a clamp and simply the act of removing it is registered as criminal damage, even if like me you havent even scratched the clamp let alone damaged it. this is punishable with a fine, court apearance and apparently possible custodial sentance... so it seems that there is nothing our great policeforce can do to protect to uk motorist form these cowboys! o and cos they had my registration they'd have just issued a summons to the registered address and it'd go straight to court, appologies to any policemen on here, 3 friends of mine are police officers and they individually are great people but it seems the police force as a whole doesnt give a shit about motorists... theres a supprise!

Thats unlucky run you are having here mate..

Ive always wanted to run a white plate on the back of mine but feel that it is asking to be stopped. I know a lad who had been stopped for the same reason and the copper said if it had been yellow i would have let it go but white is just going too far..

Wheel clamping people are horrible. Many years ago i remember reading a bout a guy that had been clamped was able to remove it as they ahdnt fitted it correctly and he sent them a bill for storing the wheel clamp - thats justice..

Guys, you're not thinking far enough outside the box.

Get some German plates made up with actual German registration marks on...

If you get pulled over, do a deviant and put on a fake German accent... :lol:

You won't get done by cameras, you probably won't get pulled over because it will look like pukka German plates to the plod.

The only slightly tricky bit is that your car's a right-hooker and you'll have a UK driving license, but I'm sure if you've got enough balls to blag the German accent, you'll be able to blag that too :lol:

Oh and it might be a teensy-weensy bit illegal. Especially if you get into an accident and want your insurance to pay up. But hey, in a police state the only way to avoid getting caught is to not be on the system in the first place...

See.. now Eric could get away with this effortlessly on two of his cars. He can obviously speak fluent German so wouldn't even need to pretend. Could just speak back in German and look confused! :)

See.. now Eric could get away with this effortlessly on two of his cars. He can obviously speak fluent German so wouldn't even need to pretend. Could just speak back in German and look confused! :)

And both left hookers too!

Word of warning guys, I believe another CF member was pulled recently for same thing.. D-Plates...and the fact they ddin't get recognised on the plate reader. I'm re-fitting my Knackered UK rear... and sort some UK-font white/yellow metal plates before the MOT...

I opted for the slightly less suspicious white/yellow german style plates, which say "GB" on the side as opposed to "D". Still haven't been pulled over, but I admit i do get pretty nervous when police are behind me!

I opted for the slightly less suspicious white/yellow german style plates, which say "GB" on the side as opposed to "D". Still haven't been pulled over, but I admit i do get pretty nervous when police are behind me!

As long as the font's UK-spec you'll be ok... the German font's unable to be read by the automatic plate recognition software.. so if this happens, they tug you by the look of things...

Makes you wonder about speed cameras though! ;)

Got a nice £30 fine this morning for my German plates, yellow rear and white front.

Do you still have the plates as well Paul? Or did they take them away like they did to Andy?

Got a nice £30 fine this morning for my German plates, yellow rear and white front.

the 2 policemen did say the dvla had just started a amassive crackdown, 'and you wouldnt want to be in troule with them now would you sir' ... c*ck! bit shit though considdering they were yellow at the back, the main problem the copper had was the white rear on mine, just kept shaking his head!

O and dom when i got pulled over i wanted to get it over and sone with as quickly as possible and considering he walked right up to the front windscreen and checked the tax disc... kind of gives an english car away and if you dont run a tax disc ur fooked as well! didnt help that the lass in the passenger seat was 5'3"! and my head almost touches the roof :-) so they;d have only see someone in the passenger seat, i swear they only pull you cos they're bored... they cant give a fuck when you actually need they're help! then again if i had to spend my whole life driving a white vauxhaul estate getting abused by chavs i'd be be pretty bored to!

Ah well see you're still in the box...

SORN it, don't tax it, don't insure it, run fake German plates, speak with a dodgy accent... job done!

Ah well see you're still in the box...

SORN it, don't tax it, don't insure it, run fake German plates, speak with a dodgy accent... job done!

tbh with what i'd save on insurance i could probably afford to pay the fines each time i got caught :lol: i think i just need to aquire a left hooker and run random german plate with no link to a uk car and then drive like an absolute lunatic! i wonder if i were to outrun a policeman in a fully german plated car... would they even bother trying to follow it up? might be worth getting a set when you know u have a quick journey to do!.... i've learnt my lesson officer honest!

Well in my mind it's the only way to stop being electronically stalked and fined everywhere you go. Nobody will touch you and it's what all the chavs do...

Heck, if you want, you could even 'sell' the car to someone else with a fake name, address, etc...

Sorry to hear yr badluck fella..

Cops make it up as they go along.. I ran my belguim plates throughout the summer & didnt get pulled apart from when I went to VW festival in leeds.. the cops there are utter tossers.. didnt get a fine, but all the crap abt not having proper fixings of the plate to the front bumper etc... wasted an hr with this prat.. he also told me abt the speed camera's not being able to pickup yr plate.. bolloks.. I got flashed wk later with the belguim plates.. the police talk crap..

Im back on stockish plates now.. :lol:

Surprised you got stopped at the VW Festival, the Leeds lot are usually sat in there nice warm cars with a cuppa or propping up the traffic lights by the main gates watching the Festival Stewards do there job of sorting out the traffic jams. :?

went and retrieved my plates from the police station today, the policeman was not happy, he'd thought he'd won... ha ha.. he made a smart arsed comment about next time he'd have to report it to the dvla for the miss use of private plate which i responded with '...but there wont be a next time officer they're show plates...?' :lol: