Sign in to follow this  
storm_warning

10 yrs on and I still don't want any other car

Quite sad, I guess, but I LOVE Corrado even after 10 years of driving them. The thing is, one day (probably sooner than later!) my current car will die, it's already on 180K miles and uses oil like petrol!

Anyone else finding themselves in the same predicament? Just what do you replace a car you love with? Whenever I drive a new car, I love the quietness and comfort of the ride, but any distance I have to drive ends up killing my back, whereas the Corrado is good to me. For a while I toyed with getting a TT, well, until I drove one (yawn!). Aside from getting an Elise for a toy, I have no idea what to do when my Corrado is no more - other than another one!!

Yep, I'm on my 4th, had many cars in between but I always end up back in a Corrado, so yes, you'll just have to get another :)

Corrados do have some kind of bewitching power, that's for sure!

The only car I've driven recently that didn't induce yawning after 30 minutes was a MK5 GTI. It seriously is borderline Corrado replacement material.

i hear yah, looking round at all the other 'cars' each day, I find it very difficult to pick one I'd feel anything near as much as I do for my VR. That said, Audi S2 does float my boat. Not got the same agressive angels, but very much has the 'wolf in sheeps clothing' thing going for it. Which to me is key.

As they say, strong words, softly spoken.

Wooh, v. deep for a friday me'thinks :D

Get some Recaros storm-warning. I have the same back problem on long journeys but since I sourced some Recaros I can drive all day long in the Corrado. Fit these and source a new engine and you'll still be going strong in another 10 years :)

Probably still a cheaper alternative than what you'd spend on a new car.

Audi S2 does float my boat. Not got the same agressive angels
:?

Is that an option only available on late VR6s?? Do they have flaming swords? :wink:

Wouldn't fancy them myself. It would probably be like having the missus onboard all the time

moaning about speed round bends and roundabouts, and my cursing of the incompetents etc etc etc :lol:

I'm driving a courtesy car at the moment, an MX5 and I really do like it - especially when the sun is out and the top down.

It's not until I get back into the VR6 - you really feel at home. It feels so much comfier almost welcoming, and the effortless driving.

Since driving the MX5 I've wondered why I still want to spend so much time and money on the Corrado. Until You get back into the driving seat of the VR6 and start her up - all the doubts disappear.

Audi S2 does float my boat. Not got the same agressive angels
:?

Is that an option only available on late VR6s?? Do they have flaming swords? :wink:

Wouldn't fancy them myself. It would probably be like having the missus onboard all the time

moaning about speed round bends and roundabouts, and my cursing of the incompetents etc etc etc :lol:

Ah yes, it wood appear my Dyslexia has come back to hunt me. Meant to say angles. Simple mistake to make.

Apparently Robbie Williams put out a cover of his most famous hit just for suffers of OCD. It's called 'I'm loving angles instead'.

I've had my VR for 11 years now, one previous owner.

170k+ miles and the engine was rattly, burned oil and fouled the usual plugs.

What do do ? I looked around, made more than one shortlist - then realised I didnt really want to get rid of the C.

So, I costed an engine rebuild. Hmmm, not cheap.

Then this 4Motion 24v engine came along ... ...

I'm now gradually going through the whole car, replacing bits that are approaching their sell-by date. It'll be 'good as new' one of these days :)

Interesting words about the Recaro seats, A1 - might be worth looking at.

I was a little tempted by the Mazda RX8, but sense prevailed !

I don't need to be reading this at the moment. Despite my sig's statement regarding dying before I'd get rid I'm facing a gut wrenching, heart melting situation at the moment. I'm looking into starting a new career in the motor industry and recently went for an interview with Renault. The job sounds fantastic and I'd really love it. However, they would be sending me away for 3 - 6 months training and during this time the pay is shocking. Having just moved into my first house with my girlfriend there's just no way keeping the Rado would be a viable option. I'm struggling as it is now. I'd need to sell the Rado to make up the short comings in my income whilst I trained.

It's awful. I know it's only a car and I'd be getting a truly excellent career opportunity in return. After training I'd be given a company car but it's still so difficult. I've wanted a Corrado since the very first moment I saw one burning past on the M25 on my way to Wales in my mk3 TDi golf about four years ago. And the G60 is my first one. For someone like myself who has a real passion for cars giving up the best car you've ever owned is not easy. And there is nothing I'd rather have that I could afford. Other wise the Rado would have been sold already. :(

I'd just sell the Corrado mate, you can always buy another one, but may never be able to get another great career oppurtunity.

I'd just sell the Corrado mate, you can always buy another one, but may never be able to get another great career oppurtunity.

I know buddy. If I got offered the job (still waiting to hear if I've got through to the next interview stage, will find out next week) I'd be a ravening fool not to take it just because of a rickety old G60, but it will still be hard to part with it though. And if I did get the job I could actually properly afford to run one, and get it to the standard I want. So it would all work out in the end. :D

when i bought my corrado, after i signed the paperwork, i was told that that was it for me and i would always drive corrados for the rest of my days, i thought nothing of it, but it seems maybe she was right! already looking to buy my second and im only 23, its just, as has been said, for the money there is no better substitute..i think life is just more fun when you own a corrado!!