Sign in to follow this  
BigD

Best ever MFA MPG reading?

are they normaly realy slow to show what your getting ? it took me pretty much my whole journey back to get mine.

Best ive had for the 330mile run home is around 36mpg, thats including some open throttle and steady but over a 5 hour non stop run thats failry decent and is better than i ever got from my previous valver..

My Golf tells lies im afraid, best ive had is around 14.5 although i get between 80 and 90 miles to a tenner...

My valver has never really given me any more than 33MPG regardless of how I drive it :(

I seem to have the same problem. Saw thirty-eight once. I think it was a monday. Then again you're supposed to get good mpg from a bike, but my zx12r never went over seventeen mpg. :S

im getting around 38MPG from my MK2, great fun considering cammy she is, about 44MPG from my Mk3 Gti and used to get about 22MPG from my G60...wonder how she will be when her new engine is in ??

Got 41.6mpg out of the G60 yesterday, that was with some town driving and a few bits of big throttle too.

Managed to see 50 mpg this morning and averaged 48 by the time I parked, up.

70-80mph tailwind most of the way though :)

Got 36.2 out of mine driving back from Derby when I bought it.

Slightly OT, but how piddly is the G60 fuel tank?? I can get about 330miles out of my Mk2 Golf between fill ups, at a similar MPG.

but how piddly is the G60 fuel tank??

about 15 gallon IIRC... dunno what that is in ltrs though.. £6-70 in real terms.. ;)

53 mpg in my old G60 8) Was on a 20 mile journey, doing around 50mph all the way. Had over 40 mpg from my first 2 valvers. Best in VR is around 36, normally 29-33 on a decent run in my current VR.

but how piddly is the G60 fuel tank??

about 15 gallon IIRC... dunno what that is in ltrs though.. £6-70 in real terms.. ;)

There's no way the G60 tank whole £60-£70 worth of fuel. £45 is about the max.

So that means the valver has a bigger tank! £40 of Tesco's finest 99-ron super at £1.04 :mad: only just saw over the 1/2 way mark ,, from the red.. :shock:

I did try once very very hard indeed and did 48mpg over about 5 miles. I've also managed 39mpg over 100 miles of mostly motorway.

But let's face it, trying to maximise your mpg is for girls, old people and bed-wetters. You have a Corrado FFS, put your foot down. It's only money. Normally I only make 23-26mpg, and I think that will drop noticeably when I get my car back next week with it's new mods.

Ha ha wicked! He's got a point though hasn't he? We'd all be driving Mondeo TDIs or Polo Bluemotions if fuel economy was our prime concern...

After 11 months of owning the corrado I've only managed to get into the 30's on the MFA yesterday. It seems to vary with the weather. Working it out properly I got 35MPG this week, £52 of petrol lasting 400 miles. My journey to work is split 30 mile m/way 20 mile of A road. Much better since I set the idle and booked it in for a tune up.

I have to say it's a pretty depressing experience to take a car the size of a Corrado into Tesco's fuel stations and be unable to fill it up with the £60 credit you get on the "swipe by card" option because the credit runs out...

:(

Tending to get about 33mpg on long motorway runs at the moment.. which i thought was pretty respectable for a VR. Everyone kept telling me to be seriously prepared for the fuel bills.. but to be honest.. my polo GT wouldn't have done much more than that.. maybe 38-40mpg tops.

As for fuel.. i've managed to get £46.50 in it... but that's been the max.... It wasn't quite down through the red though.

How many miles should I get once she's in the red zone.. if driven carefully?