Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Me, a sunny day and a bumpy road video - part 2!!!

I bought a cheap camera sucker thingy the last weekend and decided to test it out. Its really shakey, but it was along a bumpy road. Its one of my favourites though, as it really tests the car's handling as it chops and bounces around. The road has loads of up and down corners that can be taken at a reasonable speed, but I didn't really hoof it at all. The video is taken from behind the offside front wheel and the angle is quite cool!

Video 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O60aNfdutvc

This one is more of an extended re-run of the first, but I also went over some speed humps and along a flat road for comparison too. This time the camera is slightly lower so you can see more of the wheel.

Heh heh cool - quite interesting to see just how far the suspension travels!

Yeah, I was shocked at how many times the wheel disappeared up into the arches.

Didn't mean to use that song either - was going to use Express Yourself by S.O.U.L. Its so much cooler and fits the vid better. Oh well.

That was awesome... Good work!

Is it on standard suspension?

Just goes to show how much work it actually does.

very smart, where did you get the camera from if you don't mind me asking?

I got the camcorder from Singapore (sorry!) and the sucker holder is 7.99 from Maplins. It does shake around quite alot though and doesn't seem to want to stick to the dash, hence why I decided to stick it to the bodywork.

That was awesome... Good work!

Is it on standard suspension?

Just goes to show how much work it actually does.

Cheers Toad. No, its lowered on some unknown red and yellows that were on the car when I got it. The next purchase is some tasty coillies! 8)

Watch this space for more videos!

Wicked vid and really enjoyed hearing Age Of Panic again - Have you got the Sensor album by any chance? 8)

I've got one of those sucker mounts, I've still not dare use it on the out side of my car with my Video camera yet, used it load of time inside the car though.

Wicked vid and really enjoyed hearing Age Of Panic again - Have you got the Sensor album by any chance? 8)

I have the first 8 tracks of Stacked Up (the album it came from, plus a remixy type thing of Age of Panic and States of Mind) and also have the Schematic album too. I could burn it onto a CD for you if you wanted - PM me if you do, hopefully it will inspire me to buy some more blank CDs!

I've got one of those sucker mounts, I've still not dare use it on the out side of my car with my Video camera yet, used it load of time inside the car though.

How did you get it to stick to the inside? It just wouldn't take on the dash. I made sure it was really well attached before setting off and had the window down so I could look every half minute or so to see it was still there!

How did you get it to stick to the inside? It just wouldn't take on the dash. I made sure it was really well attached before setting off and had the window down so I could look every half minute or so to see it was still there!

I suckered it to the window, had it pointing out the screen

cool! 8) were you nervous about the other car knocking it off once you turned onto the narrower road :) or was it no wider than the mirror?

cool! 8) were you nervous about the other car knocking it off once you turned onto the narrower road :) or was it no wider than the mirror?

It wasn't wider than the mirror, but that road is perilously narrow. The right hander just before you see the car is only just 2 car widths so I never go round it fast. Luckily I'm one of those people who know how wide their car is to the inch and I know those roads really well so i was prepared to meet a car. I used to live very close to there and have seen enough car parts at that corner! Its not actually that far from us, about 25 mins if you ever want a blast.

That'd be great if you could, but innappropriate on a public forum... ;)

Cheers dude

It wasn't wider than the mirror, but that road is perilously narrow. The right hander just before you see the car is only just 2 car widths so I never go round it fast. Luckily I'm one of those people who know how wide their car is to the inch and I know those roads really well so i was prepared to meet a car. I used to live very close to there and have seen enough car parts at that corner! Its not actually that far from us, about 25 mins if you ever want a blast.

well yes, my next question was where is it?!

never saw this 2nd one! getting a good work out on the first roads!

next episode needs to be how much the car rolls going around corners at different speeds! :)