Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Porsche to take over VW?

It was a big day for Porsche yesterday, with the Volkswagon law(which has stood to protect the company from takeover since 1960) being overturned.

Porsche who now own a controling 31% and have agreement in principal for a credit arangement of 131 billion to take over the rest of VWs stock are free to take over the company.

Dr Weideking has made his intentions clear stating that he wants to make VW dominant in the USA again and make the entire brand as powerful as Toyota.

I am sure that there will be concerns with the future of WV as Porsche are renowned for their hard nosed profit driven approach to business but it can only mean good things for the future of VW.

However a sneaky suspicion around the office feels that Lambo may well be broken up into little peices and sold off to competition :lol:

Well a change is always good. The VW that most of us knew and loved is long gone anyway, so anything that happens now is great to just sit back and watch!

Bring it on! :)

they'd need to buy Lancia first then :) ................also IIRC Porsche had their electric rear spoiler on the go the same time as the Corrado(ie 1989)

Does this mean they'll put a stop to the 'cost cutting' exercises that VW have mentioned with the mk6 golf? If they go down that road we'd may as well buy Renaults! Although they're surprisingly well put together and reliable these days

Does this mean they'll put a stop to the 'cost cutting' exercises that VW have mentioned with the mk6 golf? If they go down that road we'd may as well buy Renaults! Although they're surprisingly well put together and reliable these days

Doesn't matter... I'll never drive anything french.

Doesn't matter... I'll never drive anything french.

Chimo! how was your long and winding trip?

all car companies are cost sutting these days, i left the car design industry as i was sick of designing really cool functional parts only for them to be not approved for being a fraction of a euro cent too expensive or they just take your design and fuck it up... sorry ranting... point is all companys cost cut its nothing new either... i.e. small chrome to big black bumpers on a mk1... loads cheaper to produce and you sell the car for the same money like the audi steering wheel in a lambo :lol: ... just take cost cutting as a way for car companys to survive!

porsche taking over vw is a good thing in my book, very good business and marketing stratigies in the past few years although i doubt it'll help inject a youthful skip to the vw models step as the target market for a new porsche is even older than that of a golf gti.. and that old :lol:

I think it could be for the better, and you might see some rwd vw's coming out! I suppose its because they want to break out of the prestige market but don't want to cheapen the name.