Sign in to follow this  
slimeskul7

Guide Price Required For Insurance

Had a smash on the M4 & think the car is gonna be a write-off :( (Body work alone was quoted at £2000, theres also mechanical faults but still waiting for that estimate)

Now need a price to haggle with insurers when they come back with an offer.

Tried to look on Parkers but you have to pay to view the Corrado price so phoned VW to ask them & they said Corrado's weren't in the book.

So I hope someone, anyone can help me with what the book price should be on my car.

94 L reg Corrado, black. Cloth interior.

2.0 16v

167k miles

FSH

Everything worked before smash. The thing that gets me it was only 3 days back from a £600 service..... *grumble grumble grumble*. Can I recoup this loss from the insurers?

Any idea of a rough price, the book price & then a realistic price?

slime

I'm not too sure what the deal is with that. Do they give me a payout & then I buy the car back for a small price, as long as its only a CAT C & not above? Or is a choice between what they offer or the car itself?

slime

I'm not too sure what the deal is with that. Do they give me a payout & then I buy the car back for a small price, as long as its only a CAT C & not above? Or is a choice between what they offer or the car itself?

Yes, the payment they make you is supposed to represent the replacement cost of the car, no matter what they then do with the car. If you buy it back from them you're buying it for scrap value, to save them the hassle of disposing of it.

If they just gave you the car, you'd have: a broken car and no money. Somewhat missing the point of insurance eh?

You won't get any credits for the £600 service, other than being able to use it as evidence that the car was well maintained when it comes to bumping up the final value.