Sign in to follow this  
OSV

What attracted you to the Corrado?

I wasn't planning on getting one because I always thought they were very overpriced for what they are (don't hate me but I was really after a 90's v-tec prelude), and group 17 for a 2.0 16v seemed somewhat OTT. But then my friend in the trade had one for what seemed a good price, so I took it for a test drive, loved the handling, bit underwhelmed with the performance, but what sold it for me was when I drove it past a group of lads on a street corner and they gave me the thumbs up. I was chuffed, so I bought it! :)

Oh and the spoiler as well, very cool, I love watching people's faces behind me when they see it going up or down.

i also wasnt going to buy one but the lad i bought it off had recently changed to the enzo cup rims and it realyl grew on me

plus i had killed my rover at the ring and was after summat german to take there next year

Well, i got it. But it turns out it's a 2.0 16v, but it's cool and i'm chuffed to bits to actually be rado owner at last!!

Found this morning i was getting 23.1mpg.

23mpg is a little low, although the mpg figure over the course of a full tank of petrol (use MFA setting 2) is more accurate. I got 7mpg on the way back from work last night, but i did about a mile in 20mins due to traffic. I'm averaging 26mpg from a tank at the moment and I dont drive it that gently!

you may know this already grim, but the first things you should probably change on your car are the dizzy cap, leads and rotor arm, unless they've been done recently.

Oh, and back OT.

I first saw a moonlight blue C in my local town (Westbury) in about '95 and vowed that one day I'd have one. Got mine from Bridgend last year and upon looking through the service history noticed that it was serviced at Oval in my town around '95.

Possible that it was the actual C that made me want one, freaky! :shock:

Then the first picture I looked at on the CCGB site was a picture of my car at a show with a previous owner (as B18 DUB - it's age related now) - It looks like it was just meant to be *sniff*

always loved roccos & corrados but thought i couldn't afford a corrado so went for 18gt rocco. absolutely loved that car even though it was a bottomless money pit (even more so than the corrado) but got a better job which involved more travelling so wanted a more reliable car! (i know, didn't know c's are as bad as roccos for things breaking) always wanted a white or yellow c but couldn't find decent ones but then i saw a grey/violet pearl one on ebay & thought i'd take a butchers! remember looking at it thinking how unusual the colour was & with c's being rare anyway thought that's the car for me! but the one thing i really love about them is & i'd never thought about it till my g/f mentioned it, is that they don't look outdated like other cars from that era. stick a private plate on & de-badge it & most people wouldn't have a clue what it is, only that it's a very very nice car!