Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

99% fixed. but sounds like a scooby

i have taken my Vortech off yesterday :( i have put the standard injectors in, but new plugs in. And put the standard chip back into the ECU. when i put the chip in i did the re-set procedure.

the car will not start though?? there is fuel going into the fuel rail, the car is cranking over though, then i checked for a spark, the result was no spark at all :( so left it last night. this morning i tried again and it did not want to start :( at my mates unit he had an obd2 ecu from a passat, so we put that on and it starts/idles perfectly, but it runs like a big pile of dog poo :( so what could have happened to the standard ecu????

also there is a clicking sound coming from the MAF??? we unplugged the MAF and it still idled perfectly???

the car will not rev past 2500rpm in any gear, and its popping from the exhaust.

please help.

karl

Are you able to try an OBD1 ECU? Sounds like that's at fault seeing as though it starts with different ECU, although surely it's bound to run rough using a pissrat unit.

well er no i didn't first time round :oops: but then i realised i had been a plank and turned it round, i have spoken to crazydave today about it, and he said i could have knackered up the chip by a, putting it in the wrong way. b,when i was handling the chip i did have oily dirty hands, and that will do the chip no favours. So i will hopefully be getting another chip from dave tomorrow. i hope it does cure it, as even after 8hrs i'm missing driving it.

karl

well er no i didn't first time round :oops: but then i realised i had been a plank and turned it round, i have spoken to crazydave today about it, and he said i could have knackered up the chip by a, putting it in the wrong way. b,when i was handling the chip i did have oily dirty hands, and that will do the chip no favours. So i will hopefully be getting another chip from dave tomorrow. i hope it does cure it, as even after 8hrs i'm missing driving it.

karl

Sorry to hear your having troubles and I can't answer your questions but have to ask (I'm sure you've said somewhere else) but why is the Vortech coming off??

Oh and 8 hours!?!? Try 6 weeks fella lol

well i have an ECU coming soon so hopefully that will sort out the problem?? cheers for the offer James but mines a coilpack.

and the reason the vortech has come off Paul, is theres gonna be a rotrex in its place very soon :D

Hope you get it sorted soon. Ordered up a sump gasket today, so hopefully mine will be charged soon 8)

Looking forward to welcoming you to the FI club, mate. :D

firstly many many thanks to 12 DEG BEN he sent me a fully working AG ecu straight away, before he had received the money.

the car is idling 100% perfect, hasnt been like this for 18months. but as soon as i go past 3500rpm it starts to sound like a scooby :? a customer at work has a vr6 corrado, so i swapped the ecu over, and her car was 100% perfect. swapped the maf sensor over, and her's still ran 100% perfect :?

i have taken all the leads out one at a time to see if i had damaged one while messing with them, and they all appear to be working :?

the plugs are the proper BKR5EKU, but they were sat in the shed (wrapped) for 18 months while i had the charger on.

so any ideas????

karl

Just happy to help. More happiness that royal snail got the job done quickly and no probs sending early. Have not been burnt on any dealings here, both buying and selling. I also hate waiting for stuff like everyone else.

the cam/crank sensors are virtually brand new, as is the lambda sensor. its a standard fuel pump, and there is loads of fuel pressure in the fuel rail.

and it revs freely until the car is moving and under load :? i havent got vag-com, but meeting dave on sunday so will put it on he's if he doesn't mind.

Regardless of whether you've replaced it recently or not, it sounds spark related to me. Defective coilpacks usually show up under load.

yes i would say ignition related, my mk1 makes a similar noise if its misfiring

edit: also earlier in the year when my coilpack gave up and the vr was only firing on 4 cyclindars it showed similar symtoms and sounded the same

this may sound insulting, but although you have checked the state of the leads, have you defo got them on in the correct order?

I had two round the wrong way a few months back and the car seemed fine, but sounded like a scoob when i put my foot down. The leeds looked like they were in the correct order, but only when i double checked did i spot 2 of them swapped. Dont even think i lost any power !

Again sorry if this suggestion is so basic - its appears cheeky ! :lol:

no ReekieVR it did not sound cheeky mate, i have checked them twice to make sure they were correct. but i'm swinging towards the coilpack :( i will be trying another one tomorrow morning.

bloody cars :)

all sorted :D it was a loose wire going into the MAF, i did some soldering there when i extended the MAF when i installed the charger. but then went maffless, and tied the MAF cable somewhere safe in the engine bay. And obviously the solder was damaged then :?

but its running lovely again, and honestly i have missed the vr growl, it sounds even better with the 6 branch, de-cat fitted. i may even keep it standard :shock:

yeh right :lol: the Rotrex will be going on for sure. its to bloody slow :lol: its a big shock going from 300bhp one day, and then you have only 200ish bhp.

i need more power :lol:

Good stuff Karl, glad you got it sorted.

I was about to reel of the list of spare VR parts I have to try when you came over!

Yeah it's amazing how slow a stock VR6 feels after you've taken the supercharger / turbo off!

Well done for finding the fault!