Sign in to follow this  
fowkesy

My nugget g60

Hello all!

Here are a few pics of my new toy, I have owned a number of aircooled vw's and a mk1 golf but I fancied something a little different, and here it is, hope you like..........................

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

I have owned it for about 2 months now. So far I have put the german plates on it as original dealer ones were a bit tatty, sprayed vw badges satin black as chrome had worn off and given it the best clean and polish its had in its life, it didn't look like under the rear spoiler had ever been cleaned!!!. Next job, sort back bumper scuff out.

I did have a bit of problem with losing power when accelerating hard which was traced to fuel lines from pump being a bit dodgy.

I still have a small problem with tickover fluctuating in traffic, car attempts to cut out but revs itself back to 1000rpm to stop it! Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved as this is all new to me,at 16 years old its still the most modern car ive ever owned!

Apart from a few teething problems I am chuffed with my new purchase, it really is amazing how many people have never seen a corrado before.

Nice looking G there.

Got any more details? Mileage, interior etc?

Good set of OEM headlight protectors too.

I would clean the ISV for the dodgy idle, do a search on here its been covered plenty of times, although as a quick guide..

.. there is a metal tube object that sits on top of the rocker cover in the middle, this is the ISV, remove it from the car and squirt some good quantities of WD40 down all 3 holes and give it a clean to clear the crud out. Put it all back together and this should help your idle.

The reason it all goes a bit lumpy is that the ISV also acts as a boost limit system on the G60s so it tends to fill up with crud faster than the other models, as it is basically a piston operated by an electromagnet that shuttles back and forth the gunk build up stops it allowing the engine to breath properly.

Thanks for that!

I had eliminated a few thing such as air leaks and the blue temp sensor!ISV was next on my list! I wanted to do cheaper things first and ask for some advice before throwing money at it and not achieving much!

Some would take it to a garage to be looked at but as I mentioned before ,its all new to me and i'm really enjoying the learning curve!

This has helped http://www.corrado-club.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4198, it certainly saved me staring blankly into my engine bay for too long, may be a help to others too!

On another note, my 'rado has 93,000 on clock , FVWSH and the interior is mint! I will post some more pics next time I actually see the car in the daylight apart from out the window at work! Oh, and I'm likin the headlight protectors too!

,at 16 years old its still the most modern car ive ever owned!

16!?? lol how you mange to insure that?? and dont ya have to be 17 to even go on the roads? or are your parents/friends driving it while you turn 17 :)

anyway looks really nice mate :)

really like the look of yellow Corrados :)

16!?? lol how you mange to insure that?? and dont ya have to be 17 to even go on the roads? or are your parents/friends driving it while you turn 17 :)

Think he's trying to say the car's 16, not himself...

Lovely nugget though....

Think he's trying to say the car's 16, not himself...

Lovely nugget though....

o yea, never thought of that, i feel a right dime bar now :lol: :cyclops2:

:lol: :lol: Yes, its the car that 16 not me! Unfortunately i'm about to turn 30! :(

Thanks for the comments bout the car! Here are a few pics of my other motors too...

My bug, I have actually had this since I was 16, was a £300 quid wreck at the time..

PICT0060.jpg

My bus, on Barmouth sea front

DSC00472.jpg

An lastly my mk 1 golf....

DSC00159.jpg