Sign in to follow this  
toofunkyhouse

is it worth it??

hi off to look at a corrado, its a 1990 1.816v - say its in near mint condition with only a little bolster wear inside and 109k on the clock! is it worth £2400 - has coilovers and 9 by 16" rims! cheers, rob

277722-1.jpg

No, probably not.

I would want a massive pile of reciepts, full SH and probably history of a full respray for that price at least, even then as it is a standard cloth interior it is not really worth that much.

£1500 top end really for valvers ATM.

well the guy says its have a new cam belt fitted and that he spent a bit on getting the rear arches sorted! seems steep but i am having real trouble finding a nice corrado!

Way too much, I think. Especially as there isn't too much information on service history, etc. And NO leather. I'm not sure that running it so low on those wheels would have been too good for the suspension either.

There's still good ones out there that are not so overpriced. Not too long ago a fully restored 16v - and I mean FULL respray - went for about £1700; and I saw a silver 16v, one owner from new (!), 96k mileage, advertised for £1500.

Particularly miffed about missing that silver one as it was nearish to me, but it had gone by the time I rang.

Stick it out...

That one was advertised on here a while ago, the guy pulled it for some reason (cant remember what exactly) i was quite interested in it, but i dont think it was up for anywhere near that price....

im abit shocked ppl say just over 1k, if u got yourself a good standard rado for like 500-1k and then put wheels/tyres and coilovers and exhaust, you will have spend over total over 2.5k easy. am i wrong ? so 1.5k worth of bits is worth £200 ? ;o but then cars are only worth what ppl will pay for them. if u spend 2k and love the car youv lost nothing i guess. but bear in mind if u get somthing thats not droped and has bits u wana change think how much thats gona cost U.

maybe im just trying to justify spending 1.8k on mine and thats not even droped (althout it had a full recon engin in last 30k miles with all reciepts). but im happy with it, and i spent like 4 months trying to find a car without having to drive 300 miles.