Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Fuel Prices

Asda 99 would be made of the cheapest crap Walmart could lay their hands on, no thanks!!

I'm surrounded by V power, Tesco 99 and BP Ulimate, all within a few minutes :D

I also have a Morrisons E85 pump 5 mins away. Not much cheaper than unleaded, but 109 octane. You and I should really be using that for performance advantages Ben!

Hardware wise you just need bigger injectors and possibly a bigger pump as I'm not sure what one you have on yours. E85 is like LPG in that is has less energy than petrol, so you need to burn more of it to do the same job. Economy takes a 25% hit on average and it's only a few p cheaper than petrol, so the only 2 incentives for using it at the moment are:-

1) Performance :D 109 octane and it runs very cold, almost negating the need for an intercooler at low to medium boost levels. I would even say you could probably go back up to 10:1 compression too. Loads more power potential.

2) Doing your bit for the planet. The only thing emitted out of the tailpipe is water.

Obviously if the E85 was significantly cheaper than petrol, I'd be using it full time, but as it's a daily car, it's not cost effective at the moment.

I do run a tank of it occasionally as a treat and my god does it make a difference :D

Obviously a remap will be required, which is easy for me, tricky for you!

It also hinges around the availability of the GM Ethanol sensor, which allows you to run E85 or Petrol, or any blend of the two with auto compensating at the ECU.

Currently only Saab and Ford offer vehicles that can run on both. Surprise Surprise, the US and Europe have been running E85 for years, Britain as ever is slow on the uptake.

sounds pretty good to me, not sure where the closest fill up would be... and im running mine daily to now, so again might not be the best of ideas! but love the sound of the cool temps, as my intercooler isnt big enough really

2) Doing your bit for the planet. The only thing emitted out of the tailpipe is water.

i think you still get a bit of carbon dioxide too - its only burning hydrogen that only produces water ;)

LOL, OK, you will get some emissions then, but much less than fossil fuel emissions :D

It'll be offset by the amount of Carbon dioxied the crops consume whilst growing anyway :wink:

drove past a sainsburys yesterday that has been having a re-furb and the unleaded was £1.09 per litre, the re-furb started 3 months ago so shows how much its gone up so quickly :(

i'm only using tescos at the moment also as 5p per litre saving does add up with a 4.4v8 under the bonnet, if the whole population only used tesco's/asda/sainsburys then the other robbing b******s would have to lower there price's, and lets face it the supermarkets are still making a profit with there spend £50 get 5p off per litre promotions.

personally we should all fill up our cars and drive off without paying until they put the prices down, what they gonna do arrest the whole population. :censored:

personally we should all fill up our cars and drive off without paying until they put the prices down, what they gonna do arrest the whole population. :censored:

Shall I organise a Corrado Meet ?? :lol: :lol:

I reckon this could easily be done - all meet at a really large petrol station.

Organise it so we are all refuelling together.

All drive off together.

Several hits like this around the country would have an impact !!

And - get us noticed, nicked, and pulled up by the cops at every opportunity afterwards. !!!

Shall I organise a Corrado Meet ?? :lol: :lol:

I reckon this could easily be done - all meet at a really large petrol station.

Organise it so we are all refuelling together.

All drive off together.

Several hits like this around the country would have an impact !!

And - get us noticed, nicked, and pulled up by the cops at every opportunity afterwards. !!!

Thats not such a bad idea to be honest :lol:

If you spread the word to other car forums too, we could allsorts of marks and forums doing it round the country! :D

I've been wondering why I have so much spare money at the end of the month...its cos my car is off the road and I'm not spending it on fuel!

Apparently the police don't follow up on fuel theft as they always use fake plates and it happens so much its not worth it. Having said that, a Corrado is a rare beastie and would definitely get you in trouble.