Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Jedi-Knight's new M3... page 11

Awesome! Looking forward to Saturday :D

Well done mate, lovely car.

So it's a bit better than the rattley old 10 year old C then? :)

I'll scan it with SLAG-COM for you and make sure there is nothing up with it :wink:

cheers

im not getting those wheels afterall. my tyres are still pretty fresh! so i'll come over as presiously planned.. has it got the obd2 port then? dont know where it is hidden yet

ha.. believe it or not the is 1 annoying squeek!!!!!! i'll find the little begger!

Yep, yours is OBD2 so we can play about with airbags etc....I'll trigger them to go off at 10mph when you're not looking :lol: The port on Audis is under the front ashtray / Gear gaitor as per the VR.

1 squeak is better than 10!

Cool, c u saturday at 3pm then......

very nice matey! what you got planned for it? or is that top secret?

I suggest you change your forum alias to 'jedi-smurf' in honor of the colour :mrgreen:

thanks for the comments guys.

i'll probably keep it pretty standard to be honest.. for a while at least until i get used to driving it properly and find out what it can really do.

then maybe just lower it a little and fit some of those lovely 18" rs4 style alloys, re-chip or some sort and thats probably it. its so sorted as standard that i dont really need to do anything to it

oh im getting rid of those horrid alu mirrors!! some colour coded blue ones coming my way soon!

Sweet car mate, love those S3's.....and you don't see that many Nogaro blue ones on the road either - lovely!! :mrgreen:

yeah my first choice was black with silver leather...but finding a good condition low milages cheap one of those is hard!

the blue is actually really nice in the flesh though so im happy :mrgreen:

i managed to take it on some of my well known favorite roads on the way back.....and despite what others have suggested..i still had a grin on my face at the end of the stretch of road

Excellent, puts a grin on your face and in comfort too. Looks like a very nice car :)

thought i'd update this thread... no new pics yet though..hopefully this weekend if its sunny!

have discovered that the S3 suspension and general geometry set up is pretty poor to be honest! the corrado was alot more confidence inspiring!! i have already had it sideways... not through choice i might add!!

so on the shopping list for the next few months.

MTM replica alloys 18x8"

H&R lowering springs

bilstein sports dampers

JBR adjustable rear tie bar

R32 rear ARB

custom geo setup

oh and the Alu mirrors have been changed now for colour coded blue ones

will hopefully post some more arty pics up this weekend.

cheers

Would love an S3... What sort of price region did this one fall in, I've seen them around the 10k mark but they all have quite high milage. I was looking at the 1.8T Quattro's which are basically an less powerful version of yours and a bit cheaper.

why have you swapped the mirrors for colour coded ones!?! the alu ones look so much better, at least on the black S3's. my mum has one in black with the silver/white leather. lovely cars. great choice. i know what you mean about the slightly vague feeling through the suspension. i had a slghtly sketchy moment on an icey roundabout in it trying to keep with my mate in his R 32. Is there a way to attach a picture to these messages (sorry i'm not very computer able)

To add an attachment, click on "preview" then click on the "add attachment" button on the next screen... 8)

thanks, i'll try it. If the picture works, i appolagise for the quality, its only the camera on my phone. just thought it was quite a nice driveway to look out on to.

Would love an S3... What sort of price region did this one fall in, I've seen them around the 10k mark but they all have quite high milage. I was looking at the 1.8T Quattro's which are basically an less powerful version of yours and a bit cheaper.

Mine is a 2001 Y plate with 40k and i paid £13700 which more than a grand off the asking price!

£10k will get you a pre face lift with 60k - 70k miles if you lucky..not many under £10k though

why have you swapped the mirrors for colour coded ones!?! the alu ones look so much better

Because i didnt want the car to look like i had crashed into a halfords store!! the alu ones were ok but to the untrained eye looked like cheap add on covers... the blue ones dont draw any attention and a less likely to get nicked aswell!!!

my mum has one in black with the silver/white leather

mmmmm nice... that was my first choice colour combo but i couldnt find one at the right price and the noggy came up at a good price so i caved and went for it... part of me wishes i had waited for black with silver now though :(

Stop Dreaming Radford - Get the Corrado running first eh?

Yes I am dreaming, especially on my pay at the moment... but all in good time my man. An Audi A3 1.8T quattro would be a nice daily driver... or an S3 hummm

thought id resurect this thread as i now have a car that is worthy again.

Picking up the new S3 tomorrow

been doing some research and found out how much my options cost when new

£ 400.00 6 CD Autochanger

£ 349.00 Acoustic Parking System

£ 500.00 BOSE Sound System

£ 325.00 Cruise Control

£ 801.00 Electric Slide/Tilt Glass Sunroof with Pre Select

£ 107.00 Front Centre Armrest

£ 354.00 Heated Front Seats

£ 74.00 Luggage Net

£ 241.00 Polished Aluminium Door Mirrors

thats a whopping £3151 of extras!!

also as a side point (and because its been a slow afternoon at work...)

cost new... £24770

plus extras...

total £27921 (although there may have been some discount as i havent seen the receipt yet)

so without disclosing exactly what i paid (lets say around £12k) this has lost over £3100 per year! ouch

well im back.. forgotten what it was like owning a fast car! and boy is it fast. foot down in 6th at 80mph is mind bending!

Already washed it :) in the drizzle!

Anyway will take some more pics of it soon

already got my first mod lined up though :D

Nice one mate, good to see you back in the car you love 8)

Are you going balls out this time with some chunky power hikes? :-)

A20 LEE, the revo actually feels a bit more agressive. Initial boost is more than i remember... or maybe its just that its been so long since i had a decent car it just 'feels' quicker??

How much did you pay to fit your ARB's? i just got quoted £230 by a mechanic mate.. so thats not even full price!

kevHaywire, Got a few styling things to do first and then i'll think about power. prob leave the power side but concentrate on cooling and turbo flow etc (obviously therefore helping power in the long run... but i doubt i'll mess with bigger turbos etc.

Looks OK styling wise to me, apart from the chrome mirrors, which I'm sure you're on the case with :-) I'm not sure about 18s though. I much prefer them on the OE 17s tbh....but being an Audi, I'm sure it copes with them better than the Rado does with big wheels.

You should investigate a FMIC..... been reading up on those on S3s/TTs etc and although the power doesn't increase dramatically (limited by KO4 throughput) compared to a vanilla Revo/AmD map with the OE twins, but the torque does. Food for thought.... I think AmD (read Geoff) extracted 300hp and 280lb/ft on a TT with a FMIC back in the days when Geoff was there and they were good. Shame he went to Canada.....they've haven't been the same since.

That's just me though.....I don't suscribe to Revo's "one chip fits all" approach. Custom all the way.