Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Jedi-Knight's new M3... page 11

jedi-knight83,

How did you screw your eye brow spoiler on to the car? I have one of these eye brow spoilers but didn't know how to fit it.

cheers

well at the moment its just with 4 sefl tapping screws...really short ones other wise your'll screw into the glass.

1st i lined it up with the grill and wings of car. then my dad used a small drill bit and drilled 2 holes on the slam panel just above the corners of the grill. fixed it there with 2 screws and then did each side into the headlight surround. I'll probably put a couple more in before i drive with it on though.

Im getting the fitting guide from Kev on sunday so i'll try to scan it and post it up.

i dont think sticky tape will be strong enough to hold it as i had to bend mine slightly to fit the line of the bonnet...the reason your bonnet didnt close is probably to do with the fact it wasnt lined up properly.

I didnt have to change anything else.

a HUGE thanks to Kevhaywire!!! Really Really appreciate your help today!!!

here are the pics

th_Schrickfitted.jpg

th_Schrickfitted1.jpg

th_Schrickfitted2.jpg

th_Schrickfitted3.jpg

th_Schrickfitted4.jpg

Car felt so quick on the way home!! big difference as i expected so im well happy :lol:

Thanks again Kev!!!

Jedi - what the hell are you doing in my parking space? :lol:

Looks almost as new as Kev's - very nice :wink:

What state were the chains / tensioners in Kev??

That is a good solid engine and runs very healthily indeed.

Chains and top tensioner are fine but budgeting for a chain overhaul within the next 20-25K would be a good idea.

The 90 degree elbow on the Shrick actuator is from a MK3 Golf...... The part number is in the Schrick dismantling and how to guide.

Any more signs of bonnet clouting Nathan?

That is a good solid engine and runs very healthily indeed.

thanks...although i still hear noises :x

Any more signs of bonnet clouting Nathan?

no, all looks ok but i'll get the mount done asap! and the gasket is holding up by the looks of things.

going down to ford today to get that brake breather valve thingey...although good job with the superglue!! its all still together :mrgreen:

Can't beat superglue :wink:

One thing that surprised me with the two installs I've done for people so far, is the complete calmness they displayed as I hacked their bonnets up with a dremel! LOL!

It's the best way to do it though. I've seen a few Corrados have the Schrick clearancing done with a hammer and it looks a complete b@stard!

Can't beat superglue :wink:

One thing that surprised me with the two installs I've done for people so far, is the complete calmness they displayed as I hacked their bonnets up with a dremel! LOL!

It's the best way to do it though. I've seen a few Corrados have the Schrick clearancing done with a hammer and it looks a complete b@stard!

Hammer!??!?! Now that would make me nervous. Pecision Dremel work is nothing compared to that :)

Pecision Dremel work is nothing compared to that

ha, what Kev failed to mention was the 2 dremel blades he snapped and the 'metal fatigue' method he them employed with his pliers!! :shock: its ok though, it all looks fine now and no knocking even on the standard mount.

Pecision Dremel work is nothing compared to that

ha, what Kev failed to mention was the 2 dremel blades he snapped and the 'metal fatigue' method he them employed with his pliers!! :shock: its ok though, it all looks fine now and no knocking even on the standard mount.

:lol: You need to get some pics of that up... I bet you have half the bonnet removed to fit it under there on a standard mount?

LOL.... Metal fatigue - the non-technical term for bending the metal back and forth till is snaps :lol:

Once your paint man touches it up, it will look pretty good. I'm going to look at a way of lining the cutout with some thin rubber U shaped trim to make it look less 'hacked', LOL.

I bet you have half the bonnet removed to fit it under there on a standard mount?

actually there isnt much more cut away than kevs and he has the VT mount ?? different engines just sit slightly different i guess?

oh and its all getting painted on monday anyway so the bonnet will get done then...onlty a week..that wont cause any damage will it?

just thought i'd give you a sneaky peek at my lights aswell..

all rubbed down with 600 grade wet and dry and all masked up ready for painting.

there actually sprayed now but still need a bit of work before i lacquer them.. anyway here they are...they'll be all done and fitted by the time i get the car back from the body shop next wednesday

th_Lighttint.jpg

very successfull evening..

VT front mount is in now and enigne is sitting nicely...doesnt feel like any extra vibration so i dont know what all the fuss was about to be honest :roll:

Changed the Oil Breather valve that snapped during schrick fitting....credit to superglue...the broken one was still suck strong and i havent been able to pull it back apart yet :wink:

Changed coolant and gave system a damn good flush with clean cold water.

exhaust on saturday...cant wait :lol: