Sign in to follow this  
xnology

Corrado font is back and getting better

Well, I finally found some time to work on it a little bit. It isn't ready for download yet. Still a couple of sizing issues to work out, but you can chek it out here:

http://www.mycorrado.com/font.html

It now has numbers, Caps and some symbols - ,.;:'"

I have modified almost everything trying to match known letters from other VW badges of the era. If there are any obvious changes you can see, let me know and drop me an image of the correct letter on an authentic VW badge.

I just dropped this same post on the Vortex. Let me know what you think.

Great work, man. 8)

Have VAG confused themselves a bit, though? I dont have "O" in Corrado handy but "O" in our UK only (?) "Storm" badge looks a bit different, perhaps?

It looks like the Corrado badge was generated in bold letters as with most of the other US VAG offerings. That is where I started, so the font will always be a little to bold for the Storm badges and more than likely others I am as yet unaware of.

badge.jpg

Unfortunately, there isn't an "unbold" option in software....

It's ready for download!

Here are the rules:

1. Use it where and when ever you want. It's free.

2. If you're going to use it for stickers or t-shirts and they turn out cool, I'd appreciate it if you'd email me, get my address, and send me one of them.

3. For websites and promotional junk, if you want to tell people where you got it, that'd be fine with me.

Thanks to those who have shown interest thus far. Please know that this may never be completely accurate to all known official or unofficial badges. I am pretty happy with it right where it is. If you have to have a super accurate font for some particular reason, email me and maybe we can work something out.

http://www.mycorrado.com/font.html

Glad to hear it worked on the mac and a big "you're welcome" to everybody using it! It really is pretty slick.

Has everybody typed a picture of their Corrado yet????

Try the ` key just to the left of the "1" key. The image from the front of the Bentley should come up.

Have a good one!