New brake hoses and flexi hoses

New brake fluid

Black Diamond front discs and uprated pads

New rocker gasket

New cambelt/tensioner

New Supercharger Belt

New power steering belt

Couple of small oil leaks sorted

Price all in was £595.00 which hurt a bit! But I was considering that it could have been a lot worse, and it was all necessary stuff.

I was thinking, I bet some of you long time Corrado owners have some monster bills - what's the biggest garage bill you've ever had?

Ha funny you should ask the question Alex. Friday Car is going in for the following -

Reconditioned VR6 engine

Clutch

Spark Leads

Spark plugs

Oil + Filter

Coolant

CV boot

Full Wheel alignment

Not including Labour the total is £2364.09p eeek

It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it :lol:

Ha funny you should ask the question Alex. Friday Car is going in for the following -

Reconditioned VR6 engine

Clutch

Spark Leads

Spark plugs

Oil + Filter

Coolant

CV boot

Full Wheel alignment

Not including Labour the total is £2364.09p eeek

It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it, It will be worth it :lol:

:shock: That's gonna take some beating surely!

Just think how cool that engine is going to be mate! 8) :D

Erk! See this is what I was hoping for, lots of people with bigger bills than me!

I'm sure it will be worth it dude, it'll be like essentially having a new car. Since I bought my C (for £3000) I must have spent about £800 getting it all fettled and sorted, but I was kind of expecting to so I put a bit of extra money aside. That said, I really hope that's the last I have to spend on it for a few months (although it desperately needs some decent bloody tyres... )

i went into my Vw garage last week to pick some exterior trim up for my G60 (roof trim, wing mirror rubbers, new headlights etc, etc) and came away with a bill for £1500. at least i know the only 'old' part of my car is the shell, and that has new paint on it!

ok so... some may find this hard to believe but after looking through all the reciepts for my c i found a stonking receipt from awesome gti totalling at just under £9000. ridiculous i know, im assuming this would of included an engine bore and rebuild, audi handles fitted, tt filler cap fitted, suspension fitted and new wheels, rs style body kit (which is now gone thank god!) mk3 dashboard conversion ( which was absoloute s***e), supersprint exhaust. cant think of nething else, there isnt a description of the work carried out just a quote for bits and bobs including a tt engine which clearly hasnt been done lol. oh and it had been resprayed by awesome twice, as they did it wrong the first time.

if im honest most of the work that was carried out was very shoddy, dash held in with duck tape... i tinhk you can get the gist of it. so im in the middle of rectifying all this and managing to do it fairly cheaply too...

sorry my post has turned into a rant... work is too boring at the mo....

I've just spent over £6k of my own money in one go.

No bodywork either. Beat that.

Come to Stealth on Sunday and you'll see where it all went ;)

I have had a few large bills in that last year starting with an £800 one for the first "service" sufice to say

the car I had just picked less than a week before up was a rolling disaster :-(

After that came the new oil pump, new CAT, new tyres x3, all for another £600 all within the first month

of ownership.

It was about there that I decided I had to start working on my car myself rather than paying a garage to do it

for me and so I still have the car (otherwise I would never have been able to afford to keep her!)

The below where before I owned the car but still some impressive bills! :shock:

A £2000 bill from C+R for everything required for an engine rebuild done in 2003 and another

bill from VW for £1200 for a brand new charger in 2002, then there is the £800 bill from Jabba for an R1

rebuild of above mentioned new charger + the Jabba induction kit 8)

I've just spent over £6k of my own money in one go.

No bodywork either. Beat that.

Come to Stealth on Sunday and you'll see where it all went ;)

ooo sounds interesting will have a peep on sunday then!

Mine is £1600 at Stealth, full head rebuild, a bit of porting here and there :) 3 angle valve seats, new chains etc, clutch & 6 branch fitted.

Yeah it'll be like having a new car :D But i hope this is all i have to spend on it for the next year or so AT LEAST. Not including the little bits here and there. Though i do need some decent tyres too!

Sonicriot13, you spoke too soon :lol: mine seems like pocket change compared to Corozin's.

£1244 on a service just after i got it, replacing axle bushes, engine mounts and a few other bits and bobs. Parts came to 290, rest went on labour and vat! B@stard VW dealer prices. Never again. Love the car, hate the bills. :(

Sonicriot13, you spoke too soon :lol: mine seems like pocket change compared to Corozin's.

:lol: Yeah, bound to happen though really thinking about it. I am glad that people are willing to spend that much on their Rados. And aren't put off by the rubbish selling prices at the moment.

:lol: Yeah, bound to happen though really thinking about it. I am glad that people are willing to spend that much on their Rados. And aren't put off by the rubbish selling prices at the moment.

If you love your car enough you can justify spending well over its worth in parts to keep it in working order. Its all part of owning a (semi) classic car. I love mine to bits (which it hopefully won't become) and can't see myself selling it unless I have 3 kids and ludicrous debt. Otherwise, I will keep it by hook or by crook. I suppose if we didn't have the passion we'd all be driving Honda Accords!

I can't remeber the last time i used a garage :lol:

my biggest bills usually come from vw parts, as i do my own work to the car

I recently bought

rear axle bushes

Front control arm bushes

Top mounts

Sump Gasket

Rocker cover gasket

New fixings

and that didnt total more than £150

I usually have lots of smaller invoices from vw for bits of trim, seals and fixings.

i might do my chains in a few weeks and i can imagine all the parts costing more than a few hundred quid from vw.

The most expensive purchase for the car would be the KW's

If you love your car enough you can justify spending well over its worth in parts to keep it in working order. Its all part of owning a (semi) classic car. I love mine to bits (which it hopefully won't become) and can't see myself selling it unless I have 3 kids and ludicrous debt. Otherwise, I will keep it by hook or by crook. I suppose if we didn't have the passion we'd all be driving Honda Accords!

Ditto.

If I werent planning on keeping it i wouldnt be getting the work done. I wont be able to make any money back on the car for the engine etc. so it would have been pointless. But as you say Corradude unless I have 3 kids or silly debt ill be keeping it.

I don't have silly debt. Just rubbish wages. :( But then part of the reason I'm selling it is because I love it. Sounds strange but it needs work I can't afford so better to sell it to someone who can afford to lavish money on it than let it fall into disrepair. I totally agree with what you guys are saying. I'd spend that amount on it too if I had it. But I'm already planning my next one when things start to look up for me on the money front hopefully soon. :D

If I werent planning on keeping it i wouldnt be getting the work done. I wont be able to make any money back on the car for the engine etc. so it would have been pointless. But as you say Corradude unless I have 3 kids or silly debt ill be keeping it.

About 14 months ago I was selling the C as I needed a reliable daily driver for my wife to use cos I work away so much so I bought an S3. Then I found the forum, fell in love with the Corrado again and have since invested in:

Engine top end rebuild

Climatronic

Schrick VGI, 258 cams and Stealth map

Recaro seats

Borbet Cs

Inpro angel eyes

I had the bumpers painted but am now planning to get a full respray and I'm going to replace all bushes, new steering rack, anti roll bars etc. I've stopped adding up how much I've spent but I guess I'll be keeping it now :shock:

I don't have silly debt. Just rubbish wages. :( But then part of the reason I'm selling it is because I love it. Sounds strange but it needs work I can't afford so better to sell it to someone who can afford to lavish money on it than let it fall into disrepair. I totally agree with what you guys are saying. I'd spend that amount on it too if I had it. But I'm already planning my next one when things start to look up for me on the money front hopefully soon. :D

I know what you mean mate. Good luck with the next one. I think no matter how much you earn the corrado will damand a tad more then you can afford :lol:

Hopefully a respray will be on the cards some point down the line. But for now its not gonna happen.

Only spent £200 this year... but heading into garage tomorrow for new sparks, coolant change... and perhaps new gearstick (ball and cap one the way out!)... so might have new major price to report next week!