Sign in to follow this  
NomoreGT4

17" Borbet 'A's

Afternoon all,

Just been giving the corrado a bit of a scrub up, but the weather has stopped me 1/4 of the way through (& god it's hard work, I don't think it's been waxed or polished in god knows how many months :shock: ) & have noticed the Borbets centre caps have a little lock on them. Now my problem is that I don't have the key for the lock :?

Now i could just clean the wheels on the car, but I'm not like that. I'm pretty anal when it comes to cleaning my cars & I'd like to take the wheels off to clean in the arches & behint the wheels.

Has anybody got a spare center cap key they could lend me or even better, point me in the right direction to buy a key 8) .

Many thanks in advance.

I'll get some pics up of her when I've finished cleaning :D

Rich

So'k chaps. I think I've found a local dealer for Borbet alloys & that's Motor World in creepy Crawley. I'll pop along there tomorrow & ask them :D

Rich

If you mean the flatcaps i have a key you could probably borrow - i'm in crawley tomorrow actually

Afternoon all,

Just been giving the corrado a bit of a scrub up, but the weather has stopped me 1/4 of the way through (& god it's hard work, I don't think it's been waxed or polished in god knows how many months :shock: ) & have noticed the Borbets centre caps have a little lock on them. Now my problem is that I don't have the key for the lock :?

Now i could just clean the wheels on the car, but I'm not like that. I'm pretty anal when it comes to cleaning my cars & I'd like to take the wheels off to clean in the arches & behint the wheels.

Has anybody got a spare center cap key they could lend me or even better, point me in the right direction to buy a key 8) .

Many thanks in advance.

I'll get some pics up of her when I've finished cleaning :D

Rich

You can buy the lock for next to nothing on german ebay. Along with the locking bolt that go under the centres.

If you mean the flatcaps i have a key you could probably borrow - i'm in crawley tomorrow actually

Bugger, missed you by a few days. I'll try the long plier approach & if that doesn't work I guess I'll have a looksies on the links provided by you kind folk 8) :D

Rich

rich, use the pliers..i had to use them before and they worked fine!

it had been washed a week before u bought it but it has been a while since its been polished!!

Bugger, missed you by a few days. I'll try the long plier approach & if that doesn't work I guess I'll have a looksies on the links provided by you kind folk 8) :D

Rich

lol, the pliers probably would work - I remember initially pondering the point of having "secure" flatcaps when i got the wheels :p

But if you don't wanna go down that road, I'm in Crawley every monday night 20:00-21:30 and 11:00-21:30 on thursdays....the joys of being a part time student