Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Anyone driven an S5 Coupe?

What's it like? After seeing one in the metal for the first time the other day I think I may be falling in love.... And going slightly mad cos when am I ever going to be able to afford one? :lol:

I have, although it wasonly for about 10 miles. Typical Audi build quality, but a slightly detached driving experience - almost too refined.

Definitely looks much better in the metal than in photographs and I'd have one like a shot - although I think for now the pick of the range would have to be the 3.0 TDi - most of the "real world" performance of the S5 with a really appealling engine note and 30mpg.

I must admit I'm struggling to find a picture that really does it justice. It really caught my eye when I saw it but in pictures it looks a bit plain. How does it compare to the R8 and RS4? I assume the R8 is in a different league altogether?

You're right the R8 is in a different league but the A5 / S5 is a lovely looking car in the right colour and with the right wheels.

My sister is considering an A5 and she can't believe how much better in the looks in the metal, she had originally discounted it because she thought it looked too plain.

RS4 is in a different league compared to the S5 but the only fair comparison with the S5 is to the S4 where, not surprisingly they are virtually identical.

I must admit I'm struggling to find a picture that really does it justice.

I think I found a few, especially the ABT ones :luvlove: 8)

I must admit I'm struggling to find a picture that really does it justice.

I think I found a few, especially the ABT ones :luvlove: 8)

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about! 8) 8) 8)

That last one is saweeet. :luvlove:

Think I've found my next wallpaper for my computer at work. I do like to surround myself with aspirational cars.

But if you think how good those ABT ones look in the pictures how good would they look in real life! :shock:

I saw one at work the other day too - didn't have a clue what it was either!

Nice motor - was a very light silver metallic green. Look awesome.

Meh..

I feel that Audi are starting to lose a little of what has, for me, made them special in the past.

How many precise levels of A3/4/5/6 do they need exactly until they're sure they've reached every single possible area of all possible markets of the midsize car market? And let me guess. Its an S car so packing the same 4.2 V8 that they've been putting in the S4 and (previous gen) S6? I don't know.. i'm sure its technically brilliant but do you see what i'm getting at? Its like you could almost write an Audi Saloon creator flowchart and end up at that car after several steps.

The R8 however.. yes, still that same 4.2 V8 but at least it looks a bit different from the endless Merc/BMW/Audi repmobiles that swamp our roads these days in yet more endless variations of black, blue or silver.

i saw a white S5 a week or 2 ago, now i would NEVER buy a white car as i dont think they show the lines very well, and they get dirty really easily! but this looked REALLY sexy, especially when the rear 'S5' badge stood out a treat, probably THE most sexy looking Audi going, except for the R8! :lol:

Nobody else put off by the fact that it has possibly the biggest wing mirrors of all time on it? Looks like the stuck ones from the Q7 on it and thought, "you know what? That doesn't look too bad".

Nobody else put off by the fact that it has possibly the biggest wing mirrors of all time on it? Looks like the stuck ones from the Q7 on it and thought, "you know what? That doesn't look too bad".

It's a safety feature.... :wink: